Spacers and rubbing

Joshg

Reaction score
Fitted 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers to my standard suspension sline and it rubs in the rear with a full car or when I go over bumps which is no good.
Car has the 19" leman special edition wheels which are 8.5 et43 I think and standard size tyres.
Just I read in a lot of threads that this setup shouldn't rub.

I currently have 25mm spacers on the rear with the 8j 18s and I have coilovers as low as they can go with very little rubbing but I have adjusted the camber to suit.

I think I'll remove the rear spacers when I can be bothered and try the 10mm ones on the rear see if there ok. I'd like to lower my car more but just don't want to lose the ride comfort on this car lol.

I've fitted 19x9.5j ET 40 wheels on the back and there's no rub at all, that's the equivalent of popping on 15.7mm spacers. I have a bit of tyre stretch though as I'm still running 255/35/19 tyres on the wider rims so that might explain the difference with you.

The offset of the front wheels gives a 5mm poke with the standard width rims so maybe that's a better spacer value for you?