Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anthony566
  • 1 Post By dieseldoos

Thread: Problems with VCDS tweaking

1st Gear

Status

Problems with VCDS tweaking

I just tried a few VCDS tweaks on the car and most of them seem to have worked ok but I have a couple of problems/questions:

1) I tried to update my MMI splash screen to display the S-Line but I don't see the "Update Splashscreen" option after selecting the model.

2) When trying to "Enable Release Parking Brake without putting seatbelt" or "Enable Release Parking Brake without putting foot on Brake", I try to enter the security code provided my VCDS and I get the following error:
    ---------------------------
    Security access error
    Controller refused the key!
    Error 35: Invalid key
    OK

I got the information from here: Cool things to do on a B8 8K VCDS and interior

Can anyone help with these?
    Thanks
    Audi A4 2.0TDI Quattro 177PS Black Edition (B8) in Brilliant Black, B&O sound system, MMI plus satnav, Parking System plus

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I will have a go at the splash screen tonight and let you know ...
    allanmb likes this.
    2013 A4 2.0 TDi 177 quattro Black Edition - Glacier White

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers, let me know how you get on
    Audi A4 2.0TDI Quattro 177PS Black Edition (B8) in Brilliant Black, B&O sound system, MMI plus satnav, Parking System plus

Vorsprung durch Technik

Status
    I couldn't get the splash scrren working, I couldn't get access! But I got the handbrake release working ok.

A4 B8 2.0TDI S-Line Executive
    Events Moderator
    Ireland/Northern Ireland

5th Gear

Status
    I didn't know you could get the S line logo on the screen! I need that!!! Lol
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    You can get whatever model you want on the splash screen such as S3,S4 etc etc. Takes mins to chane it.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by allanmb View Post
    I just tried a few VCDS tweaks on the car and most of them seem to have worked ok but I have a couple of problems/questions:

1) I tried to update my MMI splash screen to display the S-Line but I don't see the "Update Splashscreen" option after selecting the model.

2) When trying to "Enable Release Parking Brake without putting seatbelt" or "Enable Release Parking Brake without putting foot on Brake", I try to enter the security code provided my VCDS and I get the following error:
    Security access error
    Controller refused the key!
    Error 35: Invalid key
    OK

I got the information from here: Cool things to do on a B8 8K VCDS and interior

Can anyone help with these?
    Thanks
    Ok I have just checked and the SLine option is there ...

1st Gear

Status
    ... And can you "update splash screen"?

3rd Gear

Status
    ... And can you "update splash screen"?
    Go into :-

CAR - carcodingvehicle - Configuration Linie - press the centre of the satnav wheel and it turns white then scroll through the options, it should be on standard one click to the right takes you to S-Line etc press the centre satnav wheel to turn it back to green then reset the MMI I have read that it took a while for the system to display the new selection so if it does not work leave it over night ??

Good Luck.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony566 View Post
    Go into :-

CAR - carcodingvehicle - Configuration Linie - press the centre of the satnav wheel and it turns white then scroll through the options, it should be on standard one click to the right takes you to S-Line etc press the centre satnav wheel to turn it back to green then reset the MMI I have read that it took a while for the system to display the new selection so if it does not work leave it over night ??

Good Luck.
    This is what I observe, but I have seen photos and descriptions that you have to navigate to a "update splashscreen" menu option before resetting the MMI. But I cannot see that option, it should be in the same Car/CarCodingVehicle menu

3rd Gear

Status
    This is what I observe, but I have seen photos and descriptions that you have to navigate to a "update splashscreen" menu option before resetting the MMI. But I cannot see that option, it should be in the same Car/CarCodingVehicle menu
    I have not seen that in any of the notes I have found ... we will have to have a dig around ...

What else have you done ?

I have done :-

Dial Sweep
    Lap counter
    Oil Temp
    adaptive Breaking lights :-

Audi A4 2013 Emergency Brake Lights - YouTube

I have not been able to get the battery monitor to come on though ...
    Last edited by Anthony566; 26th February 2014 at 23:40.

1st Gear

Status
    I've done the dial sweep, lap counter, reversing mirror. The battery monitor doesn't work with nav apparently so haven't tried it...

1st Gear

Status
    Oh and my mmi was set to just 2g in one of the menus but I've set it properly to 3g.hasn't made any difference from what I can see though. Interestingly I managed to accidentally get into the Audi drive select menu when trying to get into the hidden mmi menu (even though I don't have drive select). Now I can't seem to find the drive select when I try.

3rd Gear

Status
    I see what mean about the steps for changing the splash screen ... it did not work for me either ...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    You can get whatever model you want on the splash screen such as S3,S4 etc etc. Takes mins to chane it.
    I need this in my life!!!! Ha ha. I did get the S3 logo on my sat nav when I had my S3! Set it off nicely!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    The S-Line splash screen is just the plain one. You can set it to say S4, or RS4, but the rest of the options are for the normal splash screen.

The battery monitor does work with nav, mine has Nav and I have enabled that.

And if you have not got the buttons for ADS, you can enable that through MMI.

AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com

No point enabling the suspension part, as that will not do anything unless you have the correct suspension, but the engine/steering parts do work.

(And it will show an error when scanned, as the actual ADS buttons are not fitted, but you can ignore it)
    Last edited by dieseldoos; 27th February 2014 at 05:45.
    2009 ​Audi A4 2.0TDI S-Line (143)
    Fully registered VCDS in Portsmouth & surrounding areas , and fault scanning of other makes.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoos View Post
    The S-Line splash screen is just the plain one. You can set it to say S4, or RS4, but the rest of the options are for the normal splash screen.

The battery monitor does work with nav, mine has Nav and I have enabled that.

And if you have not got the buttons for ADS, you can enable that through MMI.

AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com

No point enabling the suspension part, as that will not do anything unless you have the correct suspension, but the engine/steering parts do work.

(And it will show an error when scanned, as the actual ADS buttons are not fitted, but you can ignore it)
    Do you have MMI 3G and Nav? I think this is the combo that doesn't allow the battery meter. If you do, then I will try it out

I have contemplated doing the Drive Select but wasnt sure if it would make much difference. Do the options vastly change the throttle/steering?

1st Gear

Status
    Yes, mine has 3g high with hdd and nav, and the battery meter definately works on mine.

The ADS does make the steering lighter and harder, and the engine does seem slightly more lively when selected. I didnt enable the suspension as that wouldnt make any difference on mine, but engine and steering are noticeable.
    allanmb likes this.
    2009 ​Audi A4 2.0TDI S-Line (143)
    Fully registered VCDS in Portsmouth & surrounding areas , and fault scanning of other makes.

3rd Gear

Status
    The Battery MOD did not work on mine ....

1st Gear

Status
    I see what mean about the steps for changing the splash screen ... it did not work for me either ...
    So I figured how to change the screen. We have "Select No of Screen" option but unfortunately there is no S-Line screen. 15 is A4, 16 is A4 Allroad, 17 is S4 and 18 is RS4.

1st Gear

Status
    The Battery MOD did not work on mine ....
    Battery mod doesn't work on mine. I think it doesn't work on facelift cars with 3G Nav. Might just need another setting checked somewhere...