I appear to have partial hill assist, without adding the option?

allanmb

Reaction score
I have noticed a few times that when coming to a stop on a hill that the car automatically applies a bit of brakes. It doesnt hold for very long but maybe 2 or 3 seconds? I did not add hill assist and I dont know what full assist should behave like, but it feels like I have some assistance when stopping on a hill.

Interestingly I have the 1AS ABS module on a facelift A4 so surely that means that it is not hill assist, but perhaps something else?

I have noticed a few times that when coming to a stop on a hill that the car automatically applies a bit of brakes. It doesnt hold for very long but maybe 2 or 3 seconds? I did not add hill assist and I dont know what full assist should behave like, but it feels like I have some assistance when stopping on a hill.

Interestingly I have the 1AS ABS module on a facelift A4 so surely that means that it is not hill assist, but perhaps something else?

According to this you don't ... but that is interesting that you seem to get some kind of hold I shall have to find a hill and test it :)

1AT - ESP ready for TMPS and Hill Hold
1AS - ESP not ready for TPMS and Hill Hold

According to this you don't ... but that is interesting that you seem to get some kind of hold I shall have to find a hill and test it :)

1AT - ESP ready for TMPS and Hill Hold
1AS - ESP not ready for TPMS and Hill Hold

That's what I thought. I was going to add TPMS and Hill Assist until I saw that my ABS module is apparently incompatible. Now I am tempted to see what happens if I try...

Mine is defiantly 1AS as I scanned it last night for the first time.

The bit that is confusing me is what are the following letters to 8K0 907 379 CD

Ah found it in the VCDS out put ....

Could it be this ???

Enable Automatic Hill Hold Assist ‘lite’*only works on certain abs modules - see below link*

[03 - ABS brakes][Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
[Coding – 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1
Bit 6 set to 1 to enable hill hold assist.

Mine is defiantly 1AS as I scanned it last night for the first time.

The bit that is confusing me is what are the following letters to 8K0 907 379 CD

Ah found it in the VCDS out put ....

8K0 907 379 CD is the part number for the ABS control unit.

If it's of any interest my 2013 A4 BE also has this and I didn't spec it when I ordered it.....

I must have missed where VCDS says if it is a 1AT or 1AS (It says 1AS in my service book but it might be wrong>). My controller is a 8K0 907 379 CM

I must have missed where VCDS says if it is a 1AT or 1AS (It says 1AS in my service book but it might be wrong>). My controller is a 8K0 907 379 CM

Have you tried this yet Allan ? im going to try it at the weekend...

Yup, I have this two. Manual trans, 2014 B8.5 North American Spec. No hill hold option from factory, but the car still applies brakes when I'm on a hill. weird...

If you pull up to a stop on a hill with the car in-gear but clutch and brake pressed. Then if you let go of the brake, the car remains stationary instead of rolling back. Not sure how it differs from the full version...