Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Button

Thread: Advice Required please!

Reverse Gear

Status

Advice Required please!

Hi all,

I am in the process of purchasing a 2008 (B8) A4 2.0 TDI but the car I found doesn't have a parcel shelf or second key. Audi have quoted me £450 and £265 which I thought was a little ridiculous.

Anyway I have found a second-hand parcel shelf for £100 from a matching 2012 model. The question is will this fit my car? It looks like it should but just wondering if they have changed as the model aged.

Also are any of you aware of a cheaper way to get a second key? £265 just seems a little over the top to me.

Thanks for you help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Button View Post
    Hi all,

I am in the process of purchasing a 2008 (B8) A4 2.0 TDI but the car I found doesn't have a parcel shelf or second key. Audi have quoted me £450 and £265 which I thought was a little ridiculous.

Anyway I have found a second-hand parcel shelf for £100 from a matching 2012 model. The question is will this fit my car? It looks like it should but just wondering if they have changed as the model aged.

Also are any of you aware of a cheaper way to get a second key? £265 just seems a little over the top to me.

Thanks for you help.
    Hi Button, re a new key, drop @udiA3 a pm, he may be able to help you out, cheaper.
    re parcel shelf, I've not got much knowledge on this, but I think it should fit. Hopefully someone will reply with a more definite answer for you.

JG
    2008 A4 B8 2.0 TDI - with a difference!

3rd Gear

Status
    £265 for a Key No No No .... as above drop @udiA3 and if he cant help then shop around for one un coded or that needs recoding and get a replacement blade then just find one of the forum VCDS fairies to pop over and wave there magic on your car and new key and it will be a lot less than £265 !!!!

Rant over

Oh yes and to the forum....
    2013 A4 2.0 TDi 177 quattro Black Edition - Glacier White

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok thanks, I'll pm @udiA3 and see if he can help.

6th Gear

Status
    If im honest I've yet to do a B8 key, my suppliers don't sell them so main dealer or second hand on ebay. If you get one from eBay it will not be possible to make it work with vcds. I'll look into it and come back to you.

If you are buying from a trader i think you should push them for a spare.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok thanks, looks like I'm going to get robbed by Audi then. I just can't believe they charge £265 for a key.

I have already negotiated with the garage and got them to do the cambelt, two new tyres and tax so they won't budge on the key. I just assumed it was going to cost about £100 - £150 tops.

1st Gear

Status
    Ok thanks, looks like I'm going to get robbed by Audi then. I just can't believe they charge £265 for a key.

I have already negotiated with the garage and got them to do the cambelt, two new tyres and tax so they won't budge on the key. I just assumed it was going to cost about £100 - £150 tops.
    I would ask them to do the key and leave you to do the cambelt. At least if you pay to have the cambelt done you get a warranty with it (2 years at Audi) whereas if they do it then it's part of the car sale and they'll probably just change the belt and not the tensioner/rollers etc.
    Don't blame me for your ignorance and stupidity. It's entirely your own doing, and nowt to do with me.

6th Gear

Status
    Where abouts are you? There are a couple of keys on ebay at 80 quid. I have the tools just never tried one :D
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

1st Gear

Status

You could try VW & Audi Retrofit Parts – Vehicle Electrics – Fault Diagnostics | HappyDayz but they are not cheap either.

So eBay and @udi is your best bet.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for your help but I had a bit of a result.

Picked my new car up yesterday, was having a look round in the glove box and there is the spare key! It was like finding £265 of notes stuffed in there!

Oh an the parcel shelf fits too.

And I love the car!
    @udi A3 and JG51 AUD like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    You mean the black shell for the black plastic key? I think that's the emergency key.

I have 2 keys and an emergency key

Reverse Gear

Status
    No not an emergency key, the spare key that the garage said they didn't have.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit SI-W85's Instagram Channel
    Yeah I also have 2 keys and a pointless key lol
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

No not an emergency key, the spare key that the garage said they didn't have.
    Is it identical to the main key and not the silly black plastic thing?
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SI-W85 View Post
    Is it identical to the main key and not the silly black plastic thing?
    Yeah identical, locks unlocks and starts the car. The previous owner must have left it in there when he sold it the the garage. I'm just glad I found it before I ordered a new one.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Oh that's a good do then saved you some brass has that, when I bought mine the sales man said it only came with 1 key and an emergency key, when I had finished and they were handing the keys over I got 2 keys and an emergency key so that was a bit of a relief too.

6th Gear

Status
    I'd be concerned how well they checked the car over if they didn't know there was a spare in glove box...