A4 2.0tfsi quattro v 2.0 tdi 177 quattro mpg

Backtobasics

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to come back to the VAG (new to the forum), but I'm doing more miles than I did recently and need to get away from 17 mpg, I've been in awd for the last 8 years and dont want to move away from that. However reading up the current crop (2011 onwards) a4 2.0's seem to be on a par on mpg whether it be diesel or petrol.

Do you guys have any real world mpg comparisons for diesel and petrol 2.0 quattros? (my route will be fast a roads and motorway with a bit of stop start in town.)

Thanks in advance.

Well most people on here quote the 2.0tfsi having the same mpg as the 2.0tdi. I had a 2.0 177tdi 2013 A6 for 2 months and it averaged 32mpg combined. Granted it was a bigger, heavier car but the tfsi has the same torque, more bhp, cheaper fuel and service, and it's faster with a better noise.

Last edited:
I have a 2013 1.8 tfsi 170bhp and get 44mpg real world figure on the motorway way

Thanks Scottish, that seems to be what I'm reading. Any more comments?

I have this car and I am getting good mpg definitely better than most seem to be sugesting my shortest work run is 80+ miles each way and my average is 49.5 acording to fuelly my work run is dual carriageway and motorway