Mirror cap removal

SI-W85

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to remove the existing mirror cap as the missis has decided she wanted to scrape it down a wall so I thought I may as well replace them both with the Matt aluminum S4 caps, not trying to make my old oil burner look like something it isn't but I've gotta say they look pretty good and it breaks the whole black car up???

No way pal your letting the missus drive the car... outrageous lol. They will look spot on, against the black

Reactions: SI-W85
Does anybody know how to remove the existing mirror cap as the missis has decided she wanted to scrape it down a wall so I thought I may as well replace them both with the Matt aluminum S4 caps, not trying to make my old oil burner look like something it isn't but I've gotta say they look pretty good and it breaks the whole black car up???

I also need to know how to remove the mirror cap on a facelift. Someone has scraped mine, also once it's off can you still use the car? I.E nothing will fall off or get wet.

No way pal your letting the missus drive the car... outrageous lol. They will look spot on, against the black

I originally bought it for her lol but then I started to modify it so it became a weekend cruiser for when we go out and about, so I got her another motor instead and this is the first time she drove it in about 4 months so she has now been banned from using it. Not sure on which ones I need though.

Reactions: Macdoon
If it's of any help, the facelift version has a one inch flat surface on the leading edge, whereby the pre-facelift in the picture appears not to have this, though I may be wrong. Now check the shape of your existing caps to determine which ones will fit.

Like you mentioned, they will look real good on a black car.

fingers crossed im changeing to s4 mirrors on a black car
if i dont get called to work

also heres a guide to do the caps and its a pita to do so im swapping the full mirrors a lot easier

page 2 AudiEnthusiasts Folding Mirrors

I also need to know how to remove the mirror cap on a facelift. Someone has scraped mine, also once it's off can you still use the car? I.E nothing will fall off or get wet.

you can still use the car

If it's of any help, the facelift version has a one inch flat surface on the leading edge, whereby the pre-facelift in the picture appears not to have this, though I may be wrong. Now check the shape of your existing caps to determine which ones will fit.

Like you mentioned, they will look real good on a black car.

Mine is a 2010 so is pre facelift but why does it say they are 2008-2009?

Iv just fitted 2012 s4 mirrors folders look sane as my 2009 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391695462943565

What's involved in fitting the folding mirrors? Do you need new wiring loom and mirror switch?

mirrors switch handle light ring and maybe 2 new door control modules
codeing