Advice buying Petrol A4(B8)

AdamB8

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie to the forums..

Looking at buying an A4 S-Line to replace my current motor. My budget is around 12k-15k and ideally I don't want anything with over 50k on the clock. Was wondering if anyone on here had any tips (other than the usual kick of the tyre!) on what to look out for when buying a used A4.

I've had a go of my mates 1.8 (160) which was fast enough for me however if I can get my hands on a 2.0 (211) I'd be made up.

Was also surprised to see that the 2.0 had better fuel economy figures that the 1.8, is it a newer/more efficient engine?

Any tips or pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, cheers!!

I have a TFSi 1.8 2013 manual model and the figures quoted by Audi which was 42-58mpg is no where near what I get when I drive, and I drive carefully too!

I get between 25-44mpg, that's for both town driving and motorway.

I have just bought an 09 plate 2.0 TFSI (211) with 33k on the clock, FASH. Within your budget.
70% motorway 30% town, a mixture of driving but not so much heavy footed, returned 40ish.

Heavy footed play time driving, returned 20-26ish.

50/50 motorway/town sensible driving returned 30-40ish

Mac

Hi all, newbie to the forums..

Looking at buying an A4 S-Line to replace my current motor. My budget is around 12k-15k and ideally I don't want anything with over 50k on the clock. Was wondering if anyone on here had any tips (other than the usual kick of the tyre!) on what to look out for when buying a used A4.

I've had a go of my mates 1.8 (160) which was fast enough for me however if I can get my hands on a 2.0 (211) I'd be made up.

Was also surprised to see that the 2.0 had better fuel economy figures that the 1.8, is it a newer/more efficient engine?

Any tips or pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, cheers!!

Tip of the day.....Buy a 3.0 TDI, the economy is similar to, if not better than a 2.0 petrol, and you'll save a small fortune in not having to buy engine oil every few hundred miles ( they drink the stuff like 2 Stroke ) and engine rebuilds to fix the oil consumption issues.

Cheers for the replies.. I was looking to avoid a diesel really as my commute has been slashed and only takes me around 10-15 minutes to get to work and i'd be worried about DPF issues cropping up as it'd hardly get up to operating temperature...