EM TuningVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Egr removal then remap by different company ?

Can this be done ? Just wondering as a local company can do egr and dpf removals cheap but don't offer a remap . But might go for a map later in the year from revo etc ?
    Mk1 2l 16v track hack - gone
    mk2 gti 8v - gone
    mk2 gti 2l 8v - gone
    mk2 vr6 show car - gone
    mk3 Ibiza Cupra - gone
    mk5 gti big turbo - gone
    clio 172 - gone
    land rover discovery mud plugger - gone

a4 sline avant
    passat fishing hack

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    IMO, from owning but not really using the tools to remap, I'd say leave the remapper to do both.
    If i was to do a remap, i understand that the file could easily be modified to incorporate those deletes. Anybody able to do one should be able to do the other. I have no experience yet in either, but have had many conversations about what i can and cant do with the tools.

Why not look at the site sponsors who offer remapping, i know brodster does all of what your asking depending on location.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit SI-W85's Instagram Channel
    Yes you can do your egr dpf delete first then the remap after but its advisable to get the map sooner rather than later as when you do the delete it will throw up a warning light on the dash, while ever this light is on you will not know if anything else is going wrong due to the light already being on, but if you were to get the garage to do the delete then the next day get it mapped you will be fine. I will be doing my egr delete tomorrow and getting it mapped next Friday.
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, window tints, coilovers with adjusters taken out, vag com mods, 25mm spacers, led interior lights, led number plate lights, painted callipers, calliper decals, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Remember that the DPF rules are changing WEF Feb 2014 and it will be an offence to run a car without a DPF that had one at manufacture. There will be a visual examination of the cannister only during MOT time so have a think about it. There has been many threads on here that have spiralled out of control due to ill feeling about DPF removals but if you still want it done then there afew options open to you. Before the ruling change the best way forward used to be DPF/EGR delete and Stage 1 remap. This totally transformed whatever car was being remapped. Expensive but exactly what the customer was after. Afew people like to completely remove the EGR sysytem to shed a bit of weight but it can be deleted via software to disable the valve so it doesnt operate. This is incorporated within the remap along with the DPF protocol changes. Hope this helps

***Be very wary of cheap DPF removal services as this can backfire massively. Ask alot of questions to what they are actually removing. Ensure that original cannister is kept along with sensors and that the only thing removed is the filter itself. Im very surprised that they dont offer to remap it because it needs to be done straight after it as the ECU needs to know it has no PDF fitted so the protocols for fuelling and regen are changed.***
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner