Flashing glow plug light b8 143 tdi

S.line

Reaction score
I've a little issue with my motor. Last week the management light came on and fault read throttle actuator. Reset and was fine. Now the wife just got in and said the glow plug light started flashing. She pulled over and restarted engine and was fine.

I'm STILL noticing my engine temp taking over 20 mile to heat to normal. Audi say this is perfectly normal.

Car is now out of warrenty.

Drove approx 6 mile and has started flashing again.

On my A6 when this happened it was indicating the throttle butterfly was broken. is it ticking over unevenly?

It may be similar throughout the range.

Perhaps a vvv little bit. The glow plug flashing only starts after driving for about 10 mins or so.

Did you get sorted ok?

Have the same on mine. check your brake lights. The swich has some thing todo with it. Mine is the turbo actuator. Code read will help

Could it be the car showing is doing a regeneration of the dpf if it has one?

Mine did this and it was a sensor, can't remember what exactly but it was to do with throttle body.
Was done under warranty but cost on invoice was around £230

Mine did this and it was a sensor, can't remember what exactly but it was to do with throttle body.
Was done under warranty but cost on invoice was around £230

It's stopped flashing ??? I couldn't make to a seeing that guy.

No light is good news!lol .. I would still try to get the car scanned though when you get a chance!

The flashing glow plug light indicates that the dpf is getting clogged. Drive the car at 2500rpm on a motorway (no speeding!!) for about 10mile. This builds enough heat to do a re gen. Told by Audi. Told me it's in the owners manual too.

Oh ok, did you try that out?.. I thought there was an actual DPF light!.. If thats all it is your laughing!

Yeah. I drove for about 5 mile at 60 in 4th. When I got home the engine fan was still operating. This is normal to cool down the dpf I think. 😅🙈🙉🙊

Yep sounds about right, think thats it finishing off its cycle!:)