1st Audi

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure one of the boys will be along shortly to help you out. Good luck on your search for the car you are after. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been actively lurking until now.

I'm looking into buying an Audi A4 B8 and came across this, would like your opinions on the max I should pay?

Used Cars - 2010 Audi A4 S line Special Edition (T FSi) Phantom Black Pearl Effect

I'm thinking £16000, is that too low?
Yeah I don't see why not. Bid them around £16,000 and see how you get on. Very nice car and EXCELLENT spec. All the major toys you could want.
I don't know if you can pay for the servicing package on top or get them to throw it in as well. Somebody on here might be able to confirm if this is available on used Audis?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
£16,000, I think would be a fair offer, but if you can get it cheaper, better still.
Good Luck

I've put a offer in for £16000 however I have it in my mind that they would find it too low.
I've seen a 2009 Quattro S line without the goodies for £16k, without the Sat Nav is a minus for me, but the car is gorgeous!

I've read that black cars have swirl and cleaning issues which puts me off a little, but for the spec of the car which has the Sat Nav, B&O speakers, if agreed at £16k would be great!

I've put a offer in for £16000 however I have it in my mind that they would find it too low.
I've seen a 2009 Quattro S line without the goodies for £16k, without the Sat Nav is a minus for me, but the car is gorgeous!

I've read that black cars have swirl and cleaning issues which puts me off a little, but for the spec of the car, and if agreed at £16k would be great!

Dont worry about the swirls on the paintwork. Plenty of knowledgeable detailers on here who could advise you on that. Fingers crossed you get the car. :) x

Dealer just called back and wanted £16750, then dropped it to £16500.... they said £16000 was too low!
I'm in between decisions of should I wait a few months to see if anything better comes along (I really like the new 19" 5 spoke alloys on the 2013 models) or go for the test drive and fork out another £500 on top. £500 is a bit steep

I think I will stick to my guns and hope for the best at £16k when they call back again tomorrow, as I needed a think about it.

Stick it out for £16,000 or even £16,250, if I was you. Seems they've got some more room to come down on there price mate. :eyebrows:

Stick it out for £16,000 or even £16,250, if I was you. Seems they've got some more room to come down on there price mate. :eyebrows:
Yup I agree with that!

It depends what you want really. A car with that engine and a spec as good as that, is VERY hard to find! Trust me.
I think it will boil down to the colour. Black is a nightmare to keep clean. But if you like that colour, that's all that matters, and like Sandra said don't worry about swirls as they are easy enough to remove and you can always change the alloys. Loads of Audi alloys can be found on eBay and the ones currently on it are much sought after so they will be easy to sell on.

I think you should hold out for as close to £16000 as possible ... Just keep telling them £16000 and you will be down with a deposit .....

It's reassuring to know that everyone thinks I should hold out for £16000 or as close as possible. thanks!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
No the person who said was going to call back in the morning didn't call back, I guess he didn't want my business in the end.
I also noticed on there website they've dropped it by another £400 making it £16,990.

Reading the other thread about Audi's having engine oil issues has given me doubts about getting one.
The car is 2010 so out of warranty, any problems with it would cost a small fortune.

I am about 2 hours train ride away from Amersham so if I was to go and view it, I would be serious about getting one.

Looks like they'll be in touch with you within the next couple of days, if they don't get any interest at £16,990.
Re. engine oil issues, yes some people have had problems with this, but I'm quite sure there's many more who have no such problem's. Let's face it, you can got onto any car forum and find problem's with any car.
Might be an idea to take out an extended warranty (Audi?) if you do go ahead, peace of mind and all that. :sly: