a4 blutooth phonebook

spookydownunder

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hopefully not going over old ground here, but anyway.

My partner has just bought a 58 plate a4 convertible. I already own an a3.

I can connect with Bluetooth on both cars, I have a Samsung android phone. On the a3, all works fine, when opened the phone book shown matches the entries I have visible on the phone. IE I have separated contacts into different categories so that old or rarely used contacts don't show up when I open my phone contacts.

On the a4 however, it seems to have randomly chosen one of the other categories, and is showing old numbers only, and not even showing the rest of the books. I can't find any way to force it to look at only one book. Does anyone know how or why it's done that and how to change it. At present it means that the hands free is no good for anything other than receiving calls.

Cheers in advance,
Steve

The A4 won't be a B8 as they didn't make a convertible A4 B8 ! Only A5 !

How have you separated them, just by naming them differently, eg. "Old - Joe Bloggs"

How old is the A3?

Which Galaxy is it & what firmware is it running?

How have you separated them, just by naming them differently, eg. "Old - Joe Bloggs"

How old is the A3?

Which Galaxy is it & what firmware is it running?

The a3 is on a 56 plate.
Samsung galaxy SII, running 4.1.2

The contacts are in Google contacts, and are separated into groups within that software.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Try making all contacts as the 1 list with no grouping as such & see what affect this has.

OK, since the original thread, the following has happened.

1. Tried the phone in a 14 plate A4, and had the same result. It saw all of the numbers.
2. Changed phone to a Motorola G 4LTE, same problem.
3. Have now removed all groupings, and removed old numbers that I don't really need. Same problem.

That said, I have now realised that the problem may now be slightly different. Although I now only have the numbers I am interested in (a bit painful to loose the old ones, as I have had to physically remove them from Google account) they still don't show properly in the A4. The reason for this is that the A4 is showing them listed in order of surname first, which is the opposite of how they are stored in the phone, and how they show on the A3.

Therefore the question now is, can something be done in the car to reverse the storage order without having to go through Google again and take away first and surname?

Thanks in advance.
Steve