Tyres

decal

Reaction score
Never thought this would be so hard!

First off, I'm quite surprised that my 2013 Sline 2.0 TDI is needing new tyres at 10000 miles.....I take it this is reasonable?

I can't seem to make up my mind on this. I currently have Michelin PS3s and following hours of research I'm swithering between these again, or take a punt and change to Dunlop Sport Maxx. Ratings wise they seem better (fuel economy and noise) but do any of you have any experience of these? What should last the longest? I'm not too hard on the right foot and generally do motorway driving.

Cheers
D

Hi m8, can't comment on the PS 3's but I did fit the sportmaxx rt on my A3. Can't get over how good they are for the price. £116 fitted I think for 225/40/18.
Very quiet on the road, dry handling superb, wet handling superb as it has 2 massive grooves for tread.
Not seen much wear on them as iv only done 2000 miles but from what iv read they wear quite quickly.
Il be buying them again. Hope this helps :)

10000 thats poor ! Is that front and rear ? How do you drive it ?
Do you turn the wheel before setting off ?
My Dunlop Sport maxx gt's lasted 18000 on a quattro driven hard.
They never slip and they are quiet and handle well, a fantastic all round tyre.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobbieWebs
I liked the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on mine but since upgrading to 19's, I've decided to try Continental Contact Sport 5P's. No complaints so far!

Yes. I put a pair on my S4 Avant about 1200 miles ago, having used them on a previous car. Very pleased with them so far! Appear very good value for money!

Cheers fella

I've had Dunlop Sport Maxx SPs on an older car and they were good, 155bhp front wheel drive diesel.

On my S4 Avant I've currently got Conti CS3s as they came with the car. Good grip but they tramline on the motorway badly.

When it's time to change ill be going for Vredsteins all round, heard very very good things about them....I'm on 19s too and price wise they are cheaper than most of the more well know brands.