Clutch Slip 143 TDI Sline

gazza1971

Reaction score
Strange one on Saturday above 2000rpm the car is revving up when you put your foot down to overtake classic clutch slip you would think third gear upwards .Other times it don't do it so don't want to go changing the clutch and flywheel for it still to be the same if there is another under lying problem as ive looked on forums and there is a few similar issues but no one has ever posted a fix to this problem . Any ideas anyone ?

How old is your car and what mileage is on it?

Just took the car in to an indy and its not doing it which is more of a concern that it could be gearbox related problem .

Drove home last night got on to the motorway no slip at all perfect .This morning go above 2000 rpm slipping again anybody at all got any ideas clutch would slip all the time not just now and then surly .

Sounds intermittent, something with mechanical parts generally doesn't fault like that. Does it happen when you first drive it? What if the engine is warm?

Just had it in to Audi its the pressure plate sticking but its stopped again only fix new clutch might let it progress as they said it may never do it again .

I had my clutch changed today actually.
It started like you describe. The clutch slips, but not all the time.
I could run the car for about 3-4 more months then it would slip all the time.
You will probably feel on the clutch that there is no “grip” until your clutch pedal is ALL the way out.
With new clutch it grips a lot earlier. I noticed a big difference right away when I picked it up.

Its reached 170 000 km now.

New clutch it is then, normally get more mileage before this would need done. Previous owner may have been heavy with it, it's a big job but one worth doing

Im going to get some prices tomorrow for a clutch fitted hopefully the flywheel will be ok . Thanks guys

Yeah, i dont think you have much choice if its started to slip.
I got mine from Germany. Search for "SACHS 2289000148" on eBay..
Not too bad as it includes the flywheel.

I recomend also change the bearing, thats not included.
(SACHS 3189600002)