More stupid battery questions

Gillm

Reaction score
Hi guys right last week I had a battery warning come up , it went away after a drive so thought nothing of it . I have just bought a vcds lead from NHN and enabled the battery meter which shows it at between 10/20% so I thought I would charge it over night (which did nothing)

on to today I thought I would check prices and the specs and found euro car parts and found this

Bosch Audi S5 Battery 096 5 Year Guarantee | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

After looking in the boot to check dimensions and found mine to be 350mm in length

any ideas ? The part number is 8k0 915 105E

Reactions: NHN
You should ideally charge the battery with a ctek properly, then see what the battery responds like, conventional chargers are shxt imho, ctek are ****** good.

If it also drops to very low, then change battery out.

Well oddly today the meter says 60%

i class myself self being pretty handy with stuff like this (helicopter engineer & building a few cars ) but the computer on this car drives me crazy what with oil levels going up and down daily and now the battery level doing what it wants too , I'm losing patience with it , however I love driving it !

I also had a warning message on my dis stating that the battery was in low charge and would be charged when driving.It actuated a battery saving action, in that the inerior light would only come on when the drivers door was opened but no other door, radio would not come on automatically when starting car, and coming home feature disabled.Now Im a firm believer that if your battery is playing up, **** it off and get a new one.This i did with a vw battery V000915105DK which fits my avant.Its well powerful it is a fitment for a toureg! So I should be ok for a few years.Not cheap (133 plus vat) but you get what you pay for.

Well oddly today the meter says 60%

i class myself self being pretty handy with stuff like this (helicopter engineer & building a few cars ) but the computer on this car drives me crazy what with oil levels going up and down daily and now the battery level doing what it wants too , I'm losing patience with it , however I love driving it !

I know what you mean about the fluctuating oil readings.Sometimes it can take a week to get a reading after ive opened the bonnet.It will show a drop, and then ten minutes later its fine.