My new S4!

gr4z

Reaction score
Well the delivery lorry turned up yesterday evening(!) and dropped off this baby. Haven't been far in it yet, but so far very good indeed. The SS seats are incredibly comfortable and the throaty growl sounds awesome. My Napster account on the iPhone hasn't ever sounded this good than through the B&O system :)

Have a long journey tomorrow so will post up some more thoughts and photos when I get some time.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 763
Reactions: DieselJake, AshA4, SI-W85 and 2 others
Niiiiice. Maybe one day i could afford a S4 or even a RS4

Nice!

Any mods planned for it? 19" Rotors' will look superb with that colour. ;)

Wasn't planning on 19" rims as I like the 18s anyway, I also prefer the ride on the 18s :) was possibly planning some subtle alterations like changing the V6T badges for the Supercharged ones or even de-badging completely tbh. I may change the wheel for a FBSW but the normal isn't as bad as I remembered from the test drives. Other than that, nothing else yet...unless someone can suggest some stuff?

Lovely car :thumbsup:
Keep the badges but change the V6 T badges for Supercharged ones and if you fancy abit more power then go for this Type
Or this
Diesel Tuning box for Audi S4 3.0l Tfsi

After spending this much on a car I don't think I can justify another £1200 on a remap just yet! Perhaps when the warranty has run out.

The badges are definitely a possibility but then so is a complete de-badge. The ultimate stealth then :)

Lovely car.

Picked mine up a few weeks ago, thinkin of the v6 t debadge to

You'll need to disguise your exhaust for complete stealth, the quad pipes are a dead give-away. ;)

Very nice mate it is a cracking car! The badge change is good makes a nice look ,done that to mine as hated the V6T ones and was 1st mod I did. Since then tints,K&N,Apr carbonio intake and next revo.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Yes it does, although it's no longer available on the Saloon.

lovely looking car :0) I'm sure i saw one of these on you tube that had been re mapped and left an rs4 for dust.... surly thats worth £1200 for the grin factor !

lovely looking car :0) I'm sure i saw one of these on you tube that had been re mapped and left an rs4 for dust.... surly thats worth £1200 for the grin factor !

Audi S4 v Audi RS4. Does Supercharging Rule? - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - YouTube

It is very impressive and well worth the money i would get it done if had an S4.
Plus, the facelift S4 is a tiny bit quicker than just the normal B8 S4 so it might just get past the RS4 with some Revo treatment.

Noticed a few things he said was wrong in that video. And its not just as simple as plugging the SPS and its remapped, the software needs to be uploaded to the ECU for it to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revo Steve-W and sammi
After spending this much on a car I don't think I can justify another £1200 on a remap just yet! Perhaps when the warranty has run out.

The badges are definitely a possibility but then so is a complete de-badge. The ultimate stealth then :)

£960 inc at the moment with the Sale on & as any Revo'd S4 owner will tell you, it completely transforms that 3.0 Supercharged engine and brings it to life, exactly how it should of been from factory! (415-420 Bhp just at Stage 1).

Please also remember that we are now able to flash the S4/S5's straight through the port, no removal or the ECU required.

Type

£960 inc at the moment with the Sale on & as any Revo'd S4 owner will tell you, it completely transforms that 3.0 Supercharged engine and brings it to life, exactly how it should of been from factory! (415-420 Bhp just at Stage 1).

Please also remember that we are now able to flash the S4/S5's straight through the port, no removal or the ECU required.

Type

The age old question is, how does this affect the warranty? I have 2 free services with Audi - surely they would pick up the remap and potentially withdraw the free servicing as I have modified the car.

They will service the car but if they software update it then it will override the Revo Software and clear it but simply tell them not to Software Update it.
If it goes in for warranty work then use the SPS and put it back to stock so when they drive it they wont know. I will send you info on how i find my Revo Remap on my 2.0TFSI.

They will service the car but if they software update it then it will override the Revo Software and clear it but simply tell them not to Software Update it.
If it goes in for warranty work then use the SPS and put it back to stock so when they drive it they wont know. I will send you info on how i find my Revo Remap on my 2.0TFSI.

If I ask them to not update the software then it's fairly obvious I have changed it :)

They wont be bothered, they cant refuse to service it just because its been remapped, mine has been back loads of times for warranty work which has not been related to the engine and they have said "This is quick have you had it remapped ?"
That was before i could but it back to stock with the SPS.

So far I love it. I can potter around town and then unleash it when getting out on the open road. Night and day comes to mind. Haven't managed to take any more pics as the weather is constantly awful! AWD is very useful at the moment. I even get 25MPG and 30 if I drive carefully...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
All the Revo maps will still be loaded onto the ECU, The SPS will just deactivate or change the map and it will still remain on the ECU.

Well the delivery lorry turned up yesterday evening(!) and dropped off this baby. Haven't been far in it yet, but so far very good indeed. The SS seats are incredibly comfortable and the throaty growl sounds awesome. My Napster account on the iPhone hasn't ever sounded this good than through the B&O system :)

Have a long journey tomorrow so will post up some more thoughts and photos when I get some time.

Hi Gr4z

Nice mota, hope you’re enjoying it!
Thinking of ordering an S4 myself, just testing the water with the dealers.
As you say “the delivery lorry turned up..” did you get your car from somewhere other than the Audi dealership, if so may I ask where?
Also can I ask how long from order to delivery?

Cheers
Keef

Hi Gr4z

Nice mota, hope you’re enjoying it!
Thinking of ordering an S4 myself, just testing the water with the dealers.
As you say “the delivery lorry turned up..” did you get your car from somewhere other than the Audi dealership, if so may I ask where?
Also can I ask how long from order to delivery?

Cheers
Keef

I originally ordered a 2.0TFSI from DriveTheDeal back in July. I was given mid-November as a delivery date! Around September I tried to change my order to an S4 and the Audi dealer who was managing the purchase said it couldn't be done as it was 4 weeks before my build week!! So I cancelled my DtD order and bought a nearly new S4 from Audi Glasgow. Only had 6k on the clock and was a Audi HQ car. Audi Glasgow delivered it my home address on a lorry a couple of weeks after I bought it.

HTH

I originally ordered a 2.0TFSI from DriveTheDeal back in July. I was given mid-November as a delivery date! Around September I tried to change my order to an S4 and the Audi dealer who was managing the purchase said it couldn't be done as it was 4 weeks before my build week!! So I cancelled my DtD order and bought a nearly new S4 from Audi Glasgow. Only had 6k on the clock and was a Audi HQ car. Audi Glasgow delivered it my home address on a lorry a couple of weeks after I bought it.

HTH

Thanks for the info mate
Ah yes, I've got a quote from DtD for the S4, 7K saving on my spec! (approx 15%)
Just trying to get the dealer to match (well he did when I got my current car)
I've never used DtD, did they seem ok when you were dealing with them? Don't they charge a premium??

Thanks
Keef

Thanks for the info mate
Ah yes, I've got a quote from DtD for the S4, 7K saving on my spec! (approx 15%)
Just trying to get the dealer to match (well he did when I got my current car)
I've never used DtD, did they seem ok when you were dealing with them? Don't they charge a premium??

Thanks
Keef

DtD are just a broker. They put you in contact with a Audi dealership who manages the purchase. They then have done their part and the dealer pays them a small commission. DtD were great, they don't really do anything to be honest. The Daily Telegraph Honest John consistently rates them very highly.

My local dealer would not match the DtD price.

Thanks for providing information regarding DtD. Infact I was also having some problem regarding to DtD and my local dealer would not match the DtD price.

If I needed new exhausts I am tempted with this so long as the noise remains the same :)

There is always Milltek, mine came with the large oval option - real man sized! This I was very happy about as I could see the point of quad pipes with a V8 - but with a V6 really just a affectation/insult in this class of car, are we suggesting that each of the quad pipes gets 1.5 cylinders worth of exhaust usage - come on!

How you liking it ? Do the S4's burn allot of oil like the 2.0TFSI ?

How you liking it ? Do the S4's burn allot of oil like the 2.0TFSI ?

It is quite a good car, I had a VX Cav GSI 2000 4X4 (yes they did have all that badging on them), from when it was almost a year old back in early 1992 until I got rid of it in June 2000 - when I imported a VW Passat B5 4Motion V6 2.8 via Intercar in Brunsuum , these two cars were like chalk and cheese, the GSI 4X4 was built using lots of very good bits and went well, the Passat really had very compliant suspension so driving it felt like you were disconnected from the car - but it was a useful motorway muncher, but it did use a bit of oil. S4 I got last July from Dundee Audi, it is a late February 2011 car and came with 12,400 miles, brand new discs and pads all round and a Milltek (resonanted) exhaust - car is deep sea blue which looks good in sunny weather, but "is it black" in dull weather! I only use it for long journeys and to commute on Fridays as I finish work at 12:30(ish), so I've only done about 2,300 miles in it so far. It came with 19" 7 double spoke wheels with Pireli Rosso, for winter I bought a set of used 18" 5 spokes, got them powder coated and fitted with Michelin Alpin Pilots in same size as listed on the door for M+S XL. Car does not use any oil so far, which is good! Wife's Polo 9N 1.4 16V really likes oil, though some of that was down to the oil separator, which I replaced. I have still to try it in anger (can get 34MPG!!) and in winter conditions, but I am happy to own it. A lot of people including Audi and Audi A4 owners can't understand why I would want one, my car so my choice! In fact a certain A4 Quattro 2.0FSI with 19" 7 double spoke wheels and aluminium mirror covers owner does not see the point! Well, I like V6 engines!

Yes, too many people can't see past the road tax that these cars with a manual box attract! Let's see, I could have bought a brand new Corsa with the smallest TD engine, paid no road tax and only visited the filling station once every 6 months - hummm, tempting - NO! I'd need to take happy pills to have that as my car.

I dont understand why they dont get it. Id have a S4 in a heartbeat if i could!!! Or an RS4 if i had loads of money!!
I gurss some people only have a car as a tool to get from A to B. A car is more than that to me and i suspect to anyone that owns a S4

Love the B8 S4. Powerful and reasonable economy. Less costly than an RS4. Now where's that lottery ticket. :)

Love the B8 S4. Powerful and reasonable economy. Less costly than an RS4. Now where's that lottery ticket. :)

I reckon that the S4 B8 can be slightly better fuel wise than my last car which was 2.8V6 193PS - which was an Audi V6 engine from 1997.

The thing is, when I started looking for a car to replace my 13 year old Passat 4Motion (old A4/A6 bunch of bits with a new body), I completely dismissed the current Passat as VW had reverted to plan B and had started to make Passat from expanding the Golf - tranverse engine - how common! I had one as a loan car when mine needed a new rear bumper, it felt cheap and nasty. So I embarked on getting myself a 3.2 V6 A4 maybe with S-line suspension, very few with manual boxes - then I enlightened myself of the merits of grabbing one of the last S4 with a manual box - I'm glad I did that as previously I would have considered that an S4 was way out of my "ideal and acceptable to wife car", I tend to sell that car as being the natural successor to the 3.2 V6 as the top "normal" A4. I've had it for 6 months and wife has not driven it yet, I must get her to try it out (she was in Australia when I found and bought it - that will teach her!).

I almost bought a silver one from Pennine Motorhouse - it might still be for sale, after digging deeper, I accidentally discovered that that "garage" seemed to have problems with hiding car's history, ie selling on seriously rebuilt cars without declaring that fact - please don't say some one on this forum bought that one!