My new S4!

Car looks fantastic!

I definitely can't understand why someone wouldn't want an S4, this is going to be my next car when I require something bigger. The V6 sounds fantastic and stick a remap on it and it turns into a monster! That plus the practicality/size... What's not to want!?

It is quite a good car, I had a VX Cav GSI 2000 4X4 (yes they did have all that badging on them), from when it was almost a year old back in early 1992 until I got rid of it in June 2000 - when I imported a VW Passat B5 4Motion V6 2.8 via Intercar in Brunsuum , these two cars were like chalk and cheese, the GSI 4X4 was built using lots of very good bits and went well, the Passat really had very compliant suspension so driving it felt like you were disconnected from the car - but it was a useful motorway muncher, but it did use a bit of oil. S4 I got last July from Dundee Audi, it is a late February 2011 car and came with 12,400 miles, brand new discs and pads all round and a Milltek (resonanted) exhaust - car is deep sea blue which looks good in sunny weather, but "is it black" in dull weather! I only use it for long journeys and to commute on Fridays as I finish work at 12:30(ish), so I've only done about 2,300 miles in it so far. It came with 19" 7 double spoke wheels with Pireli Rosso, for winter I bought a set of used 18" 5 spokes, got them powder coated and fitted with Michelin Alpin Pilots in same size as listed on the door for M+S XL. Car does not use any oil so far, which is good! Wife's Polo 9N 1.4 16V really likes oil, though some of that was down to the oil separator, which I replaced. I have still to try it in anger (can get 34MPG!!) and in winter conditions, but I am happy to own it. A lot of people including Audi and Audi A4 owners can't understand why I would want one, my car so my choice! In fact a certain A4 Quattro 2.0FSI with 19" 7 double spoke wheels and aluminium mirror covers owner does not see the point! Well, I like V6 engines!

Ah right nice read thanks :)
Reason i ask its abit of a pain keep topping mine up with oil. And i have my eye on a Facelift 2012 B8 S4 which seems a pretty good buy but im not sure tbh.. They are quick and when im in a fast car i just seem to have the need for speed all the time and my points are totting up :L However i am very tempted.

Ah right nice read thanks :)
Reason i ask its abit of a pain keep topping mine up with oil. And i have my eye on a Facelift 2012 B8 S4 which seems a pretty good buy but im not sure tbh.. They are quick and when im in a fast car i just seem to have the need for speed all the time and my points are totting up :L However i am very tempted.

I think because of the Milltek exhaust and the overall gearing and gear spacing, I still tend to drive a bit slower than I would with the old V6 Passat 4Motion, the Passat was so quiet that now and again I could find myself in the wrong gear, ie forgotten to change up!! The engine in that Passat has such smooth torque delivery, real made for an auto box I'd reckon, that you could quite quietly get moving too fast too easily, and that is what its next owner has found. Seems like a lot of folk like the Milltek exhaust on the S4 so that they can hear the engine, I've no experience of this 3.0 V6 when fitted with the factory exhaust so I'm just quoting from what I've read.

DtD are just a broker. They put you in contact with a Audi dealership who manages the purchase. They then have done their part and the dealer pays them a small commission. DtD were great, they don't really do anything to be honest. The Daily Telegraph Honest John consistently rates them very highly.

My local dealer would not match the DtD price.

Hi gr4z

I've contacted DTD, they have assured me if I order with them, the Audi dealer they use is 'Midlands' based (as I want the comfort of local!) obliviously they wont tell me who, but from doing some research I suspect they currently use Gloucester Audi (not really Midlands)

Can you tell me which dealers contacted you after you paid the deposit?

Does anyone else know which dealer they use??

Thanks
Keef

I was put in touch with Audi Carlisle...I am Midlands based as well although I wasn't really that bothered where the car came from really. They deliver it to your door as part of the DtD package.

I was put in touch with Audi Carlisle...I am Midlands based as well although I wasn't really that bothered where the car came from really. They deliver it to your door as part of the DtD package.
I hear Audi Carlisle are really good. As are Aberdeen Audi and Highland Audi, both of whom sell new Audi's to customers from all over the UK including as far away as London. If you get a good deal on a new car, the distance isn't a major factor really.

Nice, you dont see many around in silver looks proper stealth.:icon_thumright:

I had excellent service from Audi at Tamworth in the Midlands.
The car was placed in a welcome room covered in a black cloth with a welcome plaque next to it, and the missus was given a huge bunch of flowers - a real hi-tech showroom as well.

I had excellent service from Audi at Tamworth in the Midlands.
The car was placed in a welcome room covered in a black cloth with a welcome plaque next to it, and the missus was given a huge bunch of flowers - a real hi-tech showroom as well.

Yes I have been speaking with Tamworth re: S4 prices - although they cant get to the price I've been quoted, Sandeep is a top bloke and has been very helpful