2013 A4 177 TDi Black Edittion Questions..

Anthony566

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post so I have a few questions I can't find the answers to ...

1. What version of Quattro does my version have ? I am confused about this.

2. If I have this car stage one remapped what will this give me in terms of power and fuel consumption ?

3. I am seeing lots of posts talking of poor fuel consumption is there a reason for this ? Can Audi's numbers be that wrong ?

Thanks ....

Good to have you on, I'll see if I can answer some questions. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will soon be along to let me/you know. :)

The A4 has the mechanical version of Quattro versus the Haldex clutch system of the A3/TT so is always engaged. The split of power front to rear is the only thing that changes but I don't know the maximum splits off my head, I think that on a straigh, flat section of road it's supposed to be 40:60 bias to the rear.

A remap on these engines is seeing around 190-200bhp with a significant chunk extra torque I believe. From experience, if driven reasonably you can see better fuel economy than standard once a map is applied.

As for the poor fuel economy I can't comment as I've got a different engine. That said, I think that for the most part Audi seem to be rather 'optamistic' with their MPG figures to be honest...

Thanks for the reply Daggerit, I have joined FUELLY so I can track my mpg I have only done 2100 miles so far and my average is 41 mpg with 50.05 being my best so lets see how this looks in a few months :)

No worries, hope it's all the truth! ;)

I had the 170 in my 2010 A3 Quattro and the DIS averaged something like 42mpg if I remember correctly. Only had it for about 13k miles so I recon the engine was still getting into it's swing to be honest.