Change interior and dash?

Cobnut

Reaction score
Hi, new here. I'm looking at buying a used a4 B8 avant 50 reg, it's everything I want ie technik Quattro and affordable! however, it's beige leather with light grey dash. Eeeek, only considering it cos my trusty rusty won't pass its mot next month and I have been looking for 8 months...going to have a look at it in 2 days time. Hoping the pictures are over exposed and it's black leather, lol.
With what I saved in my budget (aprox £2k) any tips on replacing dash? Is there any special tools and tips on fitting to avoid rattles and creaks? Is evil bay the only place to get bits like this?
Seats I can work out easy enough.

cheers in advance.

As Gillm says just get the car you want to start with it's not worth the hassle, also the roof lining door cards and plenty more things will be the wrong colour not just seats and dash....

Plus there will always be a rattle or creek that will do you head in

Completely agree on buyin the right car, but as current car will be scrap, my options are this audi (closest to what I been looking for within my budget) or a mondeo sport as there is plenty of them.

sorry, just noticed this is the wrong section for avants....

I would rather hire a car for a month until the rite one came up than buy something that wasn't exactly what I wanted...

Reactions: RS5 JON
Have to agree with the posts above and wait until the right car comes up. At a push the seats etc and door cards are fairly simple to change but the dash will be a pig. ( based on experience with an old car)
The thing with used cars is there will always be a slight niggle you would prefer differently. In the flesh the interior might look better than in photos and you might decide you can live with it.

I think you may be surprised at the dash/seat combination,I find alot of Audi interiors are too dark and dismal.