Volks AutosChris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyprio
  • 1 Post By gr4z

Thread: B8 S4 Esteem

1st Gear

Status

B8 S4 Esteem

What do you guys think of your S4's; I'm loving my experience so far, and It's also nice to drive a car that you don't see too many of; in three month's of ownership I've only seen one other - unlike my previous two BMW 3 Series!

Talking of bmw, I'm finding the Audi a much better car, it's just a much nicer all round experience.

If I could only praise the S4 on the bmw forum that I still frequent, it would be great, but I know I would probably be flamed for it, which is understandable I suppose, so I just keep quiet in the knowledge that they don't know what they're talking about, and that's a good thing, because we don't want the Audi S4 to become as common as a BMW 335i now do we.
    Last edited by Cyprio; 18th November 2013 at 12:07.
    gr4z likes this.
    MY2014 Ibis White S4 Black Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I am hoping not too many people will buy them, my S4 arrives a week today I like the rarity of it and especially the 'q-car' factor.
    Cyprio likes this.
    Current: 2013 S4 Avant, Ice Silver, SS heated seats, tech pack, AMI, B&O.
    Previous: 2011 Mercedes C350 CDI Saloon

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gr4z View Post
    I am hoping not too many people will buy them, my S4 arrives a week today I like the rarity of it and especially the 'q-car' factor.
    I notice in your sig that your previous car was the C350 CDI, so what made you choose the Audi over another Merc? A pal of mine owns the C350 CDI and I think it's a great car, especially the new facelift - much more refined than the bmw 335d I had. If I was in the market for another diesel I would have defo gone for one of those.

Neutral

Status
    My C350 was a lease car and while a great cruiser with plenty of poke I didn't want another diesel. I am not a fan even though the engine was very good. Plus, with the great lease deals around for the C class Mercs they are everywhere! I wanted a car with AWD for the winters, safe, practical and have plenty of power. The S4 ticks all the boxes.
    Current: 2013 S4 Avant, Ice Silver, SS heated seats, tech pack, AMI, B&O.
    Previous: 2011 Mercedes C350 CDI Saloon

1st Gear

Status
    Yes I agree, the S4 really does tick all boxes! I guess the only logical next step-up is an RS4 - err no, perhaps that's too small a gap, RS6 it is then!

Enjoy the S4 when it comes.

1st Gear

Status
    Definitely agree about keeping how good they are to yourself! I've had mine for 18 months and wouldn't want anything else.
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

Glad im back

Status
    I'm absolutely loving mine puts a smile on my face every time I go in it plus like you guys say there ain't too many of them about well up here anyway think I've maybe seen 3 locally.