S4 Winter wheels

jerrygttdi

Flat oot
Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me what is the smallest diameter wheels that can be fitted to a 2010 S4 Avant. Thanks:)

Just fitted mine today, RS6 reps size 245/40 R18 which is the size shown on the door panel. I don't think 17" wheels will clear the brakes.

I'm sure you could get some steels, try mytyres, I trawled eBay for a second hand set of OEM alloys but ended up going down the replica route and got the wheels with Dunlop 4ds for £1300 which is a lot cheaper than the quote that I got from Audi.

18" is the smallest diameter that will fit a B8 S4, (17" won't go over disc & caliper) and you will most likely need to get a proper alloy rather than a steel.

Audi recommend a 225/45/18 winter tyre for an S4, so an 18" x 8J or 8.5J alloy will be needed.

I highly recommend www.felgenoutlet.de, a German company whom provide a huge range of winter alloy and tyre packages. Have just received a set branded alloys with Vredestein Wintrac X-treme tyres for £1100, including delivery to the UK.

Reactions: Chop.
If you keep the factory fit wheels on an 2013 S4 what do you recommend for tyres? 225/40/18 or 245/40/18 (the same as the summers)?

With the cold weather approaching want to get some ordered before my S4 arrives...

Thanks

The label on the door recommends 245/40 R18 but 225s should be fine, if not better as they are narrower,

I use 255/35-19 hakkapelitta R2 for my winter setup.

Aye, it's 19s that are on mine. But up here in the Highlands we get a fair bit of snow and the 255s are a bit wide.

Hi folks

I have fallen foul of the Audi Offset / Centre Bore changes between platforms today, as I went out and tried my newly refurbed A6 Winter Wheels, on my A4 3.0TDI (sadly not an S4). Of course they don't fit :( Centre bore is wrong and I didn't even get to see if the offset is an issue.

I have 4 good (2 x New, 2 x One Winter) 245/40 R18 tyres, and need some rims. I've been put off replica's in the past, but wondering if there's anything strong that can be recommended, or has anyone tried the BBS, Ronal or Borbet non-OEM wheels.

I'm currently scanning eBay and all the Audi forums, but it looks like the wrong time to be searching - everything's getting snapped up and even tatty wheels at going are silly prices.

Any suggestions?

You can fit 17 inch wheels on the B8 S4 you just need the right wheel with the correct offset. The same as you can fit 16's to a 320mm brake setup the 345mm S4 is only 1 inch or 25mm larger.

B8 S4 17'' winter wheels?

There is only a few mm clearance on this setup between the balance weights and the caliper but it can be done.

Karl.

Montecha, I got my oem rs6 wheels that I used on my b7 milled out to fit the New centres on my b8 s4. It was only about £200 for the four, which was good as they had to remove and refit tyres.

I have a 2013 S4 was looking to put a set of winter wheels on. Have my eye these 17s off a TT.

Just wondered if anyone can definitely say if 17s are OK.

Thanks
e5e05bc9fca5a36cf14679e1508e32d8.jpg

These are the standard 17 inch SE wheels I use on my car with winter tyres.
You can see that any balance weights on the inside of the rim are quite close to the caliper.But I have never had an issue.

The 17 inch team dynamics wheels I normally run have loads of clearance as they are designed to run with big brake kits.

The 17 inch track day Ronal wheels I run also fit with no issues

Audi describe the 345mm brake system on the S4/S5 as a 17 inch brake system.
As long as the wheels have a 66.5mm centre and the ET is no more than 45mm you should be good. Standard wheels on the A4 are ET45, The Ronals are ET35 and have a little more poke. If you fit wheels with an ET higher than 45 they will sit further in and there is more chance they won't fit .
When the wheels are balanced they can balance them so the weights are only mounted inboard rather than some outboard and inboard if outboard weights look they will be a problem.

Karl.

What tyres depths should I run with on the 17s 45 or 50. I thought the bore on S4 was 57.1. I my be wrong

Ignore me just googled it. Need to get adaptors then