Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Power steering question

Hi guys.

I have put a deposit down on a car, drove around seemed fine except the peer steering seemed heavier than my a3 8p, and other a4 I have driven.

Spoke to the dealership and they told me it was because when the b8 was initially released they had 2 types of power steering and for the lighter one it was an optional extra. Now I've not heard of that. I was wondering if you guys could shed any light on that for me please?

Thanks!

Andy
    Now: Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDi SE - Silver, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Auto Lights/Wipers, Auto Dimming Mirror, Hill Hold Assist.

Before: Audi A3 8P2, 1.9TDi Special Edition, Silver,
    Armrest, MY09 Rear Lights, R32 MK5 Alloy Wheels 18" Gloss Black, Gloss Black Sline Grill, Windows Tinted, Carbon Wrapped Trim, Wind Deflectors, Alarm Beep, LED Interior and Number Plate Lights, Cupra R Splitter, S-Line Springs, footwell lights, S3 Pedals.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    My steering gets heavier as I get up some speed, when parking etc it is lighter.

4th Gear

Status
    I was driving my parents Toyota Corolla in the States all of last week and when I jumped in my A4 the steering felt really heavy compared to it. Definitely heavier than my A3 as well I'd say. Not that it's so bad you have to use two hands or anything, if yours is that bad then you may need to have it looked at?

As for the two types of steering, I can only imagine that he's referring to the dynamic steering that is an optional extra although I've not driven with it so can't comment on whether it's lighter at car park speeds or not...
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm just worried the Audi guy is trying to fob me off...oh well I will get an independent garage to look into it and then go back to them if it's screwed...
    Now: Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDi SE - Silver, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Auto Lights/Wipers, Auto Dimming Mirror, Hill Hold Assist.

Armrest, MY09 Rear Lights, R32 MK5 Alloy Wheels 18" Gloss Black, Gloss Black Sline Grill, Windows Tinted, Carbon Wrapped Trim, Wind Deflectors, Alarm Beep, LED Interior and Number Plate Lights, Cupra R Splitter, S-Line Springs, footwell lights, S3 Pedals.

NVM
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Dynamic steering was an option... and the standard power steering in Sline guise is VERY HEAVY.. No real way of fixing this..

2nd Gear

Status
    So long as it's built that way just worried he was fobbing me off lol