Fitting S Line stone guards/side skirts

Jamie-S

Reaction score
Anyone fired the s line stone guards to there non s line model?

Seen some people say just use double sided tape but not keen on that idea.

Not sure how to fit them with the clips as I haven't seen the clips before and I think it requires drilling into the sill?

Any info would be great. ..

Anyone fired the s line stone guards to there non s line model?

Seen some people say just use double sided tape but not keen on that idea.

Not sure how to fit them with the clips as I haven't seen the clips before and I think it requires drilling into the sill?

Any info would be great. ..
not too sure to be totally honest with you but I would be more than happy with just double sided tape as you can get some pretty strong stuff that will be more than up to the job, don't like the idea of drilling in case you f**k it up!!!

I will be fitting them soon along with a votex spoiler so will make a progress thread or something

Yeah do be interested to know how u get on with the spoiler is it a votex from china? They look good but unsure on quality and fitment so keep us posted.

Nah genuine audi accessory mate, I will get the rear diffuser soon aswel ;)

Cool post some pics when you get them fitted what you pay for rear spoiler if you don't mind me asking? Also what diffuser you getting?

There are cheapie options ie fibreglass etc but I like oem+ and chinese parts never fit right :rolleyes:

Yeah I totally agree I much prefer oem just sometimes can't get what you want, difffuser looks well be good to see some pics when you've fitted these bits.

I fitted them to my car with 3M vhg tape, brilliant stuff also i used bodykit bonding sealant ,they are rock solid
P1020361

as above use 3M tape to locate and hold while some tiger seal sets
they wont come off.

Lol I never seen this thread... Doh! So the clips aren't needed then? And certainly no drilling lol

You only need the clips if you have an s-line as the sills have the lugs for the clips to locate onto.

I'm liking this thread, I have an SE and wanted to fit these to give it more of a sleep look compared to just the regular SE sill.

guys theres a deeper side and a shallower side to these blades, which goes to the top?

got a funny feeling my old rep ones were fitted upside down

They have RH and LH on them on the inside also the strip of tape goes to the top,
when you offer them up to the sill approx 10mm down from the sill edge you will feel it sort of find its own position where it wants to go,if that makes sense.

would love to see some before and after photos if you have them?