• 1 Post By Rabie2412
  • 1 Post By Rabie2412
  • 1 Post By White220

Thread: Fitted Some new bits to my S4 today

1st Gear

Status

Cool Fitted Some new bits to my S4 today

First Mods for my Car,

Thought id Start with a Pre Oiled K&N filter And the APR Carbonio Induction Pipe , Millteck System Next and then the Revo Remap.......Can Already notice a Difference With the First two....

Standared & K&N Fillter.jpgAPR Carbonio Induction Pipe.jpg Pics Bigger if u Click on them......

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice mod Rabie, carbon pipe looks cool under the bonnet.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JG51 AUD View Post
    Nice mod Rabie, carbon pipe looks cool under the bonnet.
    Cheers, Gonna Shorten the Air box Connection Tomorrow to tidy it Up, Its about 2" to long, Wanted to keep the Standard Air box so it wasent in ur Face that it Had the Filter done ....And the Carbon Pipe is well Made .....

2nd Gear

Status
    I've had a look at the Carbonio Induction Kit for my 2.0 tdi, but it's over £400! Alot of the members on American Forum's seem to have them and say they notice a difference in the cars power, is there any power increase in your's? £400+ is a bit steep, although it does look good, maybe "Santa" will drop me one in, lol.

1st Gear

Status
    I've had a look at the Carbonio Induction Kit for my 2.0 tdi, but it's over £400! Alot of the members on American Forum's seem to have them and say they notice a difference in the cars power, is there any power increase in your's? £400+ is a bit steep, although it does look good, maybe "Santa" will drop me one in, lol.
    U can buy it as a Stage 1 (£400) or Stage 2 (£200), What I have is stage Two as its only the Pipe, The car was already Quick, but u can feel a real difference with these Mods on Petrol Would say there's a Power increase but without it getting it on a rolling Road id not like to guess at how much, U would be best changing the Filter first, Cheap and u will notice a Difference when u pull away, A lot Smoother and the Revs build a lot Quicker, Ave a Long Run on Sunday so at the Moment am not sure if there's a Better MPG...
    JG51 AUD likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabie2412 View Post
    U can buy it as a Stage 1 (£400) or Stage 2 (£200), What I have is stage Two as its only the Pipe, The car was already Quick, but u can feel a real difference with these Mods on Petrol Would say there's a Power increase but without it getting it on a rolling Road id not like to guess at how much, U would be best changing the Filter first, Cheap and u will notice a Difference when u pull away, A lot Smoother and the Revs build a lot Quicker, Ave a Long Run on Sunday so at the Moment am not sure if there's a Better MPG...
    Cheers Rabie, I'll have a better look at my options, already got a pipercross panel filter fitted & Superchips Bluefin remap, theses do make a difference to my diesel. Did you get a discount from APR being an ASN member?
    Hope your latest mod gives you more MPG, that would be the icing on the cake mate.

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure about the Fuel, Best ave had was 29Mpg so far, Not really that bothered about it to be Honest, Around town its about 11mpg lol, I had a 2013 facelift A4 Black Edition 177 Quattro Before and got bored......The Supercharged 3ltr is some engine .........There's not much u can do with ur Motor if uve done the Filter and got a Map, And I wouldn't think an Induction Pipe would make that much a Difference on a Diesel. No Discount, Never thought in Asking, I'll keep it in mind for the Milteck and Map from Revo.
    JG51 AUD likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Not sure about the Fuel, Best ave had was 29Mpg so far, Not really that bothered about it to be Honest, Around town its about 11mpg lol, I had a 2013 facelift A4 Black Edition 177 Quattro Before and got bored......The Supercharged 3ltr is some engine .........There's not much u can do with ur Motor if uve done the Filter and got a Map, And I wouldn't think an Induction Pipe would make that much a Difference on a Diesel. No Discount, Never thought in Asking, I'll keep it in mind for the Milteck and Map from Revo.
    Your probably right re the Induction pipe, it does look good though, I'll just spend the money on something boring, lol! The S4 should be like a rocket by the time you,ve finished your planned mods, keep me updated mate.

1st Gear

Status
    Your probably right re the Induction pipe, it does look good though, I'll just spend the money on something boring, lol! The S4 should be like a rocket by the time you,ve finished your planned mods, keep me updated mate.
    It's already Fleet, Had a we run last week on my Private air strip lol, And it didn't hang about hitting 3 digits , if it gets more than 400whp i'll be Happy, But that want happen now till after Xmass.......
    JG51 AUD likes this.

White 220

Status
    Rabbie,
    I've been thinking bout this mod since I heard my intake pipe removed for a thrill.
    I'd really like to know what you think it is like living with it? Also, i think we may be within 50miles of each other so I might be able to hear you thrashing it underneath union street at some point?
    I've had 32mpg out of mine coming up from Stirling but A96 in to town or A947 it's rarely above 26.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by White220 View Post
    Rabbie,
    I've been thinking bout this mod since I heard my intake pipe removed for a thrill.
    I'd really like to know what you think it is like living with it? Also, i think we may be within 50miles of each other so I might be able to hear you thrashing it underneath union street at some point?
    I've had 32mpg out of mine coming up from Stirling but A96 in to town or A947 it's rarely above 26.
    I was Expecting More Noise from the Filter/Pipe combo But its not that Much Difference inside the Car, Outside night be different tho....Definate Performance gain tho. I live in the Town itself, 5mins walking Distance from Union St......ID be interested hearing my Car with someone els driving it, The wife will only drive her BMW.....

White 220

Status
    I was Expecting More Noise from the Filter/Pipe combo But its not that Much Difference inside the Car, Outside night be different tho....Definate Performance gain tho. I live in the Town itself, 5mins walking Distance from Union St......ID be interested hearing my Car with someone els driving it, The wife will only drive her BMW.....
    I've always been jealous of people outside the car getting the benefit of the exhaust and charger. Followed my dad driving mine and he was too tame to get an idea.
    Best I've heard it was in Cambusbarron nr Stirling (very narrow streets 4 storey buildings) all under 20mph!

Might PM you for a comparison.
    Rabie2412 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by White220 View Post
    I've always been jealous of people outside the car getting the benefit of the exhaust and charger. Followed my dad driving mine and he was too tame to get an idea.
    Best I've heard it was in Cambusbarron nr Stirling (very narrow streets 4 storey buildings) all under 20mph!

Might PM you for a comparison.
    Am off on Hols Tomorrow, I'll give u a Shout when am back in Two weeks, Could meet up down the Beach ......I'll take my Nikon.. Then the Underpass for a wee Blast....

5th Gear

Status
    I was going to get the carbonio induction kit as it's only $400 in the US. However they won't ship to the UK and direct you to their UK distributor and has simply swapped the $ for a £ and charges a rip off £400! Robbing Tw*ts!!!!

Anyway, interesting what you say Rabie, that the carbonio doesn't produce that much more noise. I replaced my standard Audi air panel filter with a K&N panel filter and it produces abit more noise and you can certainly hear the whoosh of the turbo alot more now! I wonder if the carbonio would be alot louder on the Turbo engined A4's like the 2.0TFSI!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    I was going to get the carbonio induction kit as it's only $400 in the US. However they won't ship to the UK and direct you to their UK distributor and has simply swapped the $ for a £ and charges a rip off £400! Robbing Tw*ts!!!!

Anyway, interesting what you say Rabie, that the carbonio doesn't produce that much more noise. I replaced my standard Audi air panel filter with a K&N panel filter and it produces abit more noise and you can certainly hear the whoosh of the turbo alot more now! I wonder if the carbonio would be alot louder on the Turbo engined A4's like the 2.0TFSI!

Think if u change the Pipe on a Turbo ud get a lot more Induction Noise than what u would with the Super Charger....WIthout some actually driving my car and giving it a blast ave no idea how mine sounds from outside .....maybe makes a lot more noise than than I can hear from inside......U do notice a Decent change in how easy it revs with the K&N Cone filter and good chance it would be louder if I did away with the Standard Air box but I want it to look standard when u pop the Bonnet....