bought xenons today, what else is needed

johnnevett

Reaction score
hi all,
I bought some xenon headlights today for my a4, now, reading on the net it says I need a kufatec adaptor and a new control module with the 'd' on the end
now, can I get a used control module and do a straight swap or does it need to be brand new?
and, is the kufatec adaptor just for the high beams to work or will the standard plug on my a4 not fit the xenon headlight
cheers

In regard to the electric module it should plug in. But I would get a pro to do it for you. I changed mine in an a3. Literally take the code from the old one and put it in the new. Then do your option changes. Not hard to take out of the a3 tbh but the a4 I am unsure. With the adapters part no idea. But to make then legal you need to ensure that you have washer jets and light leveling or something like that.

In regard to the electric module it should plug in. But I would get a pro to do it for you. I changed mine in an a3. Literally take the code from the old one and put it in the new. Then do your option changes. Not hard to take out of the a3 tbh but the a4 I am unsure. With the adapters part no idea. But to make then legal you need to ensure that you have washer jets and light leveling or something like that.
thanks for this. Any recommendations on where to get a module from?
Cheers

i cant find any xeons at a good price anywhere

fitted my xenons today and as expected my high beams don't work. I knew they wouldn't, now reading all the post they say I need part number 8k0 907 063 D. im struggling to find one of these and was wondering whether any others will work e.g, 8k0 907 063 DH,thanks

have you tried codeing them yet ?

yeah but my module has no suffix after the numbers 8k0 907 063, it wouldn't accept coding from 69 to 26 so had to put 23 in for drls and dipped to work but no high beam although the other codings were accepted
I need to change the module but was wondering do any other modules work other than 8k0 907 063 D
cheers

can anyone help on any other modules that will work other than ones ending in 'D' ,
thanks

John if you can let me know how you get on need to change my lights for moving to Germany and curious about the difficulty before I pay out the nose for it.
Cheers

Just need to find a module and everything should be ok.
Just looking for some confirmation on which ones will work because I would imagine the ones ending in 'd' would have been seperceded by a different letter
will keep this updated when I get one