JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Manual Gearbox - Stiff gear changes when cold - 2.0 TDI S Line

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Guys, Fuchs Titan Sintofluid SAE 75W - 80 is recommended specification for VW TL 521 71. This specification is for the lighter weight gearbox oil, part number G 052 171 A1 as noted above. The standard gearbox oil (part number G 052 532 A2) is a 75W - 90 oil. Opie oils sell it (although it's cheaper on Ebay).
    Have you got them part numbers mixed up?

If the 'A1 p/n is the lighter stuff that would suggest he's just replaced the lighter stuff with the thicker stuff

What's the price difference between Fuchs and vag one?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Fuchs Titan Sintofluid SAE 75W - 80 covers part numbers G 052 171 A1 & G 052 171 A2. The same fluid covers both part numbers for the thinner oil. The standard thicker oil part number is G 052 532 A2 and is a 75w - 90 oil
    Don't blame me for your ignorance and stupidity. It's entirely your own doing, and nowt to do with me.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit SI-W85's Instagram Channel
    So do you know the exact oil and by which oil company it is then for definite ? As I'm sure the people on here would like to know as it will be cheaper to buy?
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

1st Gear

Status
    Hmm, looks like a few posts have been removed when the site was down. That's a bit of a bugger. No matter. bear with me as I'm struggling to post anything at the moment and all my posts are formatting as one long string of words. No paragraphs working. Just to recap, the specs on Opies website don't match the specs on Fuchs website. At present I'm unsure which oil Fuchs recommend as there's conflicting data. I've contacted opie and had a quick email convo with one of their guys (who's a member on here) and pointed him to this thread but he's also having problems posting at the moment. I'd be inclined to wait until there's some feedback from them rather than my educated guesswork, but as I said before it was wiped, I'm inclined to think that perhaps Fuchs make the VAG stuff and rebrand it for them.
    Don't blame me for your ignorance and stupidity. It's entirely your own doing, and nowt to do with me.

1st Gear

Status
    Any news?

1st Gear

Status
    Well, I'm still having issues posting (although I've found a temporary fix here), so I reckon it's still the same for Opie. I'm sure they'll respond when the forum allows it. In the meantime the Fuchs lubricant advisor (here) has no data for some of the models I checked. My car however (2008 Jetta 140) lists TITAN SINTOFLUID FE 75W as suitable for the gearbox.

1st Gear

Status
    From Fuchs website for a4 B8 3.0tdi

Capacity:
    Capacity 3,1 liter

Use:Normal Intervals:
    Check 30000 km / 24 monthS

Products:
    TITAN SINTOFLUID 75W-80 *
    TITAN SINTOPOID 75W-90 **
    SI-W85 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Taken from another forum

"Fuchs HAD the right oil here for the 6 speed gear box with the TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80 which did carry the G052171A2 designation but in 2011 this was changed and the G052171A2 was removed from the 75W-80 but added to TITAN SINTOFLUID FE SAE 75W

The problem is you can't find this oil here so if you want something that says G052171A2 then its OEM stuff and time to fork over the big bucks."

This is probably why there is conflicting data.

1st Gear

Status
    Apparently from 2011 the vw approval moved from the sintofluid 75w80 to the sintofluid fe sae 75w found below

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-1210-fu...FaXMtAoddjoARw

So essentially the above oil could be what was bought for £20 per litre from the dealer, just rebranded.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Just been reading on another forum as you say it states 3.1 ltr where as mine had 4.2 in it or so the garage told me, so I read on another forum and they were saying the gearbox takes 4.5 us quartz which works out to 4.2 ltr is this just the 2.0tdi ??? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387493437.960048.jpg
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Just read your last post so it cost me double to what it should have lol oh well it's done now I won't be doing it again in the time I have the car...

Reverse Gear

Status
    What was the total cost in the end with labour as well?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Total cost inc labour & vat was £237.90 for gear oil, 4.2ltr at £20 per ltr engine oil & filter change.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Here you go Jamie don't know if that's any use to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1st Gear

Status
    I've since found a guide on Audizine mate, my box is completely different as the one is your post with it being Quattro. Thanks anyway

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm having the same issues notchy gearbox when the car is cold or warm, taken to Audi as it's under warranty they've said there's nothing wrong with it and it's the characteristics of the car, so haven't done nothing with it, does anyone know the exact oil, I'm
    Just gonna buy and get it done elsewhere?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Yes mate I did mine and it seems to be a lot better I used G 052 171 A2 from Audi £20 a litre though and it took 4.2 litres but it helped massively.

1st Gear

Status
    One thing to remember here, VAG itself will not make any oils, Fuchs do tend to get listed as a preferred supplier to VAG factories, though it looks like Castrol are also a preferred supplier for some oils - judging by the info on the engine oil fill caps. Seat used to suggest that they favoured Repso - though that is fair enough as they are a Spanish company!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Yes it isn't vag it's another brand of oil but if you read through nobody had managed to match the oil for certain so I say just pay it its a 1 off oil change so it's not a big deal its £100 well spent if say.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi mate thanks for the reply ive managed to
    source the oil and will be getting it changed soon!

Genuine Audi Gearbox Oil G052171A2 - G052171A2

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

No problem pal I've just had to book my car in for flywheel and clutch change so will prob have to buy the oil again for the refill on the gearbox unless they say its ok to reuse :/

1st Gear

Status
    So are people going from 75w90 to 75w80 or sticking with 75w90, just its new stuff?
    Audi A4 Avant 2.0TFSI 2009 S-Line

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what oil viscosity I changed mine to but it has worked I no longer have notchy gears, there is a thread all about it on here somewhere called notchy gears in 1st and 2nd

1st Gear

Status
    I've read through most I found, none seemed to be very conclusive

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

No I agree nobody could give a definitive answer, however if you have a notchy gearbox £100 isn't that much to pay for the oil from Audi if it sorts it out like it did mine.

1st Gear

Status
    Don't mind paying £100.

Just cant see how changing for the same oil will make a difference? Surely is needs to be a different viscosity or have different additives or something to make a difference.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

As I think I said in the other thread it is a lighter oil it may be worth a read to see if you think it is rite for you though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12