A4 B8 2.0 tdi 143 sline, DPF removal & remap or not???

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wondering if you can give me a little advice, I've got an a4 2.0 tdi 143 sline on a 58 plate, had it for about 4 months and I have to say she is a bit sluggish, I was hoping for a little more power, I don't think the consumption is great neither, I never see 50mpg and im not heavy on the right foot! Would I see some real gains from a remap and improved mpg? Is it better to get the dpf removed to improve economy or should I just stick with a remap? any advice you have would be great. Also if anybody has had a dpf removal and remap how is it to drive now, do you notice a difference?

Cheers

Chris

You will notice a difference from both the remap and dpf removal but especially from the remap. are you having any problems with your dpf ? if you take it easy with a remap you will probably look at a 2-3 mpg gain in mpg and the car will feel allot better on acceleration and you will notice it.
Im sure somebody will come along soon though and tell you what they think of it.

I had the same dilemma as you. I opted for a quantum remap, they offer 3 different ones. A economy remap, a performance and economy remap and an all out performance remap. I went for the performance and economy which puts it a about 180 bhp. The car now feels like it should have done out of the box. Plenty of torque and nice smooth delivery. I have not done the DPF delete and as yet had no problems. Also seen an mpg increase of 3-4 mpg. It cost about £250 all in.

Reactions: Kalashnikov