Wheel liner access to fog light bulbs in 2013 (MY2014) A4

NATOuk

Reaction score
I just wanted to check if it is the same procedure for accessing the fog light bulbs in the MY2014 A4 model as for previous revisions? I have found a guide on Audi Enthusiasts (AudiEnthusiasts Change Driving lights) but I'm not sure the indicated screws are there on the MY2014 model? If not, is it still possible to use a similar technique for accessing the fog light bulbs without having to pull the front trim off?

Thanks for any and all replies.

TBH looking at the new 2013 light setup, yes from the wheel arch is maybe your best bet, go get your hands dirty & have a look :)

If it's the facelift, same as mine, there's a ring pull looking tool in the boot and a little hole on the grills surrounding the fog lights to pop it in and pull the mesh out. Think that they're towards the centre of the car as you look at the mesh bits. Once they're off you just remove the screw to get access to the bulbs then just pop the mesh back in place after.

If it's the facelift, same as mine, there's a ring pull looking tool in the boot and a little hole on the grills surrounding the fog lights to pop it in and pull the mesh out. Think that they're towards the centre of the car as you look at the mesh bits. Once they're off you just remove the screw to get access to the bulbs then just pop the mesh back in place after.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that way to release the fog light surround - sounds a lot easier than the previous method of just yanking the mesh off (possibly damaging the clips). I'll give that a go as I think the easy access method through the wheel arch liner isn't possible with the facelift model.

Yeah, it's really simple but you still have to give the mesh a little yank... Not too bad at all though. 5 minute job to do both lights once you find the hole to get the mesh off. :)

I have just swapped the fog light bulbs on mine.....2 screws in the wheel arch, 5 mins tops to do both sides.

I couldn't get the grill off, which I could on my 2008.

I got it sorted - turns out I just didn't spot the wheel liner screws, had the two bulbs changed out in minutes! Looks much better with MTEC 'Super White' bulbs, matches the DRLs very closely.