Super winter shine black ed 2.0tdi.

Christian_a4

Reaction score
As i had a free day and the weather was perfectly overcast i treated my car to some prep for incoming winter!
i utilised my products from the september waxybox i started with:
  • As the paint is in top nick i used the autobrite cherry all in one glaze applied on a black cg hex pad and DA6 pro.(the glaze is superb and leaves paintwork like glass!)
  • I used the waxybox anniversary wax sample which is extremely hydrophobic and very durable, smells lovely too!
  • Finally i sealed it all in with Gyeon q2m cure sealant which creates a very resistant hydrophobic barrier which helps make cleaning much easier! Really easy to apply via 2 microfibres ( one for spreading, one for buffing) it uses sio2- fortified polymers... Wow!
I am really happy with the end result! Its extremely glossy and hopefully ready to fend off the winter road salts!

Next weekend the wheels will be removed and fully coated with a protectant too.

any input would be appreciated or questions
cheers chris.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: Sandra and RS5 JON
​Chris, car looking awesome, a job well done. :) x

Bez ill happily do your motor mate!
Ive got a bottle of c5 ready to try out on the wheels this weekend NHN :)!

Reactions: NHN
I have intentionally left my wheels to get crapped up, even just a finger wipe against the dirt has shown me already how good it is, underneath is like silk lol, so when I clean them of later to reveal if its done the job well, I hope the rest of the wheels will be as good as new.

I certainly look forward to apply the c5 this weekend then!!

You may or may not know this, but don't leave C5 on there for long, otherwise it crystalizes & its a real pita to remove, which then requires to reapply the C5 to remove the previous layer, which inturn uses allot more & its not cheap tbh, I used about 1/3 of a small bottle for my 4 wheels & I would say I used too much as 1st time usage.

I didnt actually know that! Cheers for the heads up! I shall apply thinly, did you layer it up NHN or is one coat adequate?

I went over it probably twice but only in the possibility I missed an area lol, as with all things new you overkill, but I left a few areas too long & it took bit more effort to remove, but all good in the end, everydays a school day huh.

Haha i will probably end up doing that! Ill just take my time and hopefully they will end up fairly good :).