Average MPG

mpc

Reaction score
I have an 09 plate 1.9 diesel A4 Avant S-Line [120] and at the moment I am getting an average mpg of 42mpg, the official figures I should be getting for combined is 60+mpg. I realise that rarely are these official figures achieved but should I be getting better than 42mpg?

I'd say you should be getting better mpg than that. I average 40mpg on my 3.0 tdi quattro. My 2.0 tdi (140) A3 used to average over 50 but that was a smaller car

I'd say you should be getting better mpg than that. I average 40mpg on my 3.0 tdi quattro. My 2.0 tdi (140) A3 used to average over 50 but that was a smaller car

What can be the cause of poor mpg? I bought this car from a 2nd hand dealer about 4 months ago who say they have serviced it and prior to that it has had full audi dealer service which I have checked and is all pucker. Is it worth getting the diesel filter checked/changed? Anything else obvious?

Yep I agree you should be getting more than that from your 1.9. When was the filter last changed? .. Whats your Tyre pressures like? I get 57mpg combined and 62mpg extra urban which in fact isn't too far off Audi's figures, mine is a 2.0TDI. But in saying that I do drive very economically and change gears when indicated and air-con off all the time.