Pics Of My FBMFSW Fitted

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Hi,

finally bit the bullet and bought myself a multi-function flat bottom steering wheel for my b8, only problem is the airbag wiring loom doesn't fit, although I already new this, as per other threads on this subject.

My question is: can I buy a wiring loom that I can use to retro fit, ( PLUG & PLAY ) if so, can anyone give me the part number.

The guy I bought the steering wheel off of sent me a b8 wiring loom with the a3 connectors changed to fit my b8 ( earth wires and horn connector) but it doesn't appear to fit properly behind the airbag, also the a3 wheel has 3 wires coming out of it into a connector, and on the b8 loom it has 6, these are meant to connect together???

Any help would be great, cheers JG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers ScottishS3, i'll have a look. Surely I'm not the only one to have had this issue on ASN?

Well, had a look at the links ScottishS3 posted, thanks mate, but they tell me to nodify existing b8 loom using a3 one, I've got this, tried it again and it seems to short at the main connector, does anyone know if/where I can get a plug & play wiring loom/harness?

That's my steering wheel fitted. So cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!

A "BIG" thank you to Sandra (Moderator) & to Mark (Brodster) who made it possible. Mark's a wizard with Audi's and also did a few tweaks via VCDS, Cheers mate.

I'll post some pic's tomorrow for you all to drool over, lol.

Reactions: Sandra and Brodster
Here's a few more,
AIRBAG002_zps104088dc.jpg

AIRBAG001_zps7c364a7b.jpg

AIRBAG003_zps69eb974e.jpg

AIRBAG004_zps5d35eed6.jpg

Reactions: Sandra and Brodster
What is the insert at bottom of wheel covered in - the model designation insert. Have you wrapped this yourself?

I still have TTRS on my fully perforated wheel...

Yes SprOcket, wrapped it myself in 4D carbon, took 5 mins, you like? Have I started something here? :faint:

Top work mate! I like the fact that you've not tried to make it look like a different model, but made it quite distinct. Love the interior!

Reactions: RS5 JON
​Looking awesome John. :) x

I might well look to cover up mine...it was just the decal on the wheel I picked up so not bothered me too much thus far.

i'll have a look at the wrap, thanks.

I've copyrighted this mate, all funds to JG51 AUD retirement fund, lol. :icon_thumright:
If you do decide to wrap it, do it in the 4D Carbon, it's more realistic than the 3D. Just stick a bit on, around the same size as area to be covered, heat with hair dryer, let it cool then run your finger nail round the edge of covered decal to create a visible line for you to follow with a craft knife or stanley blade, job done.

/creams pants

I do really like the flat bottomed wheels, mind if I ask how much it set you back? when I eventually get my a4, getting that wheel will be something on the todo list if the price is right (imagine can make a certain % back from the normal wheel? if not swapping with a bit of cash?)

very clean :D am so jealous :(

/creams pants

I do really like the flat bottomed wheels, mind if I ask how much it set you back? when I eventually get my a4, getting that wheel will be something on the todo list if the price is right (imagine can make a certain % back from the normal wheel? if not swapping with a bit of cash?)

very clean :D am so jealous :(

Cheers mate, glad you like it and plan to do this mod yourself. I bought mine from ebay, they're all around the £400 price range, ( money well spent IMO ) although you may pay extra for the modified airbag wiring. I plan to keep my original steering wheel and put it back in my car if I ever sell it, but I'm sure you could sell yours or part exchange it somewhere.
JG

thanks for the reply dude :D yea that's not a bad shout on keeping the wheel as if you did ever sell you could probably get a close figure back on the flat bottom. yea when I looked before they all seemed to be £350 upwards. don't fancy extra costs too if it costs more to get it correctly wired (new loom or what ever)....but like I said... all just ideas... need the car first :D

When you get the car, let me know if you need any advice/help re airbag wiring, it's just a case of splitting an earth wire and changing a spade connector to a smaller size on the A3 airbag loom. I got quoted £120 + vat + p&p for the same one that my seller sent me free. I'm no expert though, but can advise on this.
Good luck in your search for the right car.

Reactions: DrSasso and Sandra