Black Edition Alloys

Cars looking well ScottishS3 what do you think to the ride changing from 18s to 19s I haven't fitted mine yet but I'm hoping it's not too drastic lol they have 215/35s on 9j too so I'm expecting it to be a bit rougher.
Cheers mate!
You definitely notice the difference in ride with the 19's! It's quite a bit firmer and pulls alot more towards the ruts in the road etc. But the look certainly makes up for it!:cool:

I measured the bore, had to use an internal caliper then measure accross the points. Comes out at 66.50 every time but there is a layer of rust staining on all the wheels that was caused by the hubs rusting, thanks for not geasing them Audi.

This rust crap might account for them measuring a bit small? I would imagine they are supposed to be 66.6mm, the hub is probably machined to 66.5mm at the most.

Reactions: SI-W85
That is very good of you thanks I owe you one :) also hope I have told them the rite measurement for boring in to the wheel is correct as I said just go 5mm in below the chamfer...

What brand tyres do you guys run with these alloys?
I've looked around and the tyres tend to be as expensive as the alloys themselves!

Well my new Bentley wheels came with new budget Fullrun tyres on but I have a set of pirelli P zero rosso tyres to go on once they are scrubbed off, my current wheels have continental tyres on which are good but when I bought the car it came with some budget Nankang ns2 on and they are just dreadful they hold stones in them and flick them up the side of the car and didn't last 2 minutes they had flat spots on them, I would say just run mid range tyres.

What brand tyres do you guys run with these alloys?
I've looked around and the tyres tend to be as expensive as the alloys themselves!
I'm running Continental Contact Sport 5P's and I'm very satisfied with them at the moment. I previously ran Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on my 18's.

My winter tyres cost double what the wheels cost !!! I think the best thing to do when thinking about tyres is to spend the time on researching tyre "and tire" review websites.

Camskill are by far the cheapest in the UK for new tyres. You could also try eBay. You can pick up some bargains there, and buy one or two tyres here and there. You obviously need to try and make sure the treads and makes etc match.

I have run many tyres, but have found Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's to be the best for me so far, great in the dry, fantastic in the wet. 2nd for me would be Toyo T1's also very good.

This is another one of them lol, depends where you drive and how fast you drive and everyone will have there own opinion on tyres to be honest, I tried p zeros on the track car and they were rubbish so they came off after 400 miles and replaced with Michelin but they were £2500 for 4 tyres, but the pirelli will be fine on any day to day car.

That's a very good price indeed although a bit too far for me and a bit too early.

I've had some major issues with my new bentley wheels I'm gutted, one of the wheels centre is loose as they are split rims and looks like they have been like this for some time and the holes around the rim are misshaped and the bolts are stripped the guy who I bought them off isn't responding to calls or texts, I have taken them to a wheel repair company and been quoted £450 to repair as will need to be refurbished afterwords along with the other 3 to make them match I know the guy and know he wouldn't rip me off he said he may even have to weld all the bolt holes up and re drill also if the new bolts don't hold it may have to be welded on making it a 1 piece wheel :(:(:(

I've never seen genuine Rotors that cheap before! Get them bought for when you get yours! :laugh:
And use these guys for courier: Alloy Wheel Courier | Paisley Freight
That's who I used!

haha that's the starting bid, I will bet it will go nearer to £1000.
I had my eye out on a very nice 2013 S line with tech pack, leather seats however the dealer wouldn't go any lower than £19k, I wanted it for £18,500.
I doubt he will go any lower and said it's going to auction next friday.
I hadn't viewed the car in person as it's a 4 hour trek but I would know it's a nice car.

I'm prepared to wait a little while for:

£20k 2012+
black edition
Sat Nav
Monsoon/daytona Grey
Petrol
Manual or S tronic
under 10,000 miles

I've had some major issues with my new bentley wheels I'm gutted, one of the wheels centre is loose as they are split rims and looks like they have been like this for some time and the holes around the rim are misshaped and the bolts are stripped the guy who I bought them off isn't responding to calls or texts, I have taken them to a wheel repair company and been quoted £450 to repair as will need to be refurbished afterwords along with the other 3 to make them match I know the guy and know he wouldn't rip me off he said he may even have to weld all the bolt holes up and re drill also if the new bolts don't hold it may have to be welded on making it a 1 piece wheel :(:(:(

The troubles we go to in terms of finding the perfect wheel huh? :(

Tell me about it I'm spitting feathers been searching for some for so long too...

Somebody was telling me you can put 255/35/R19 tyres on an A4 B8. anybody know is this is true? I have 255/35's on at the moment.

I'm sure you could manage 235's, you might need to go up to a 40 profile to keep the overall radius the same though?

Yes you can put 235 or 225 I have 215/35 on 9j wheels if you want a bit of tyre stretch or something google, tyre stretch.com there are pictures of nearly every size tyre on the rims ie if you want 235/35R19 8.5J there will be pics for you to see what they look like...

Tyre stretch surely can't be good for the tyre right? I would assume it would wear the tyre out quicker

Not really because the same amount of tread is still on the floor as it would be if they were on a narrower rim, its camber that will wear the tyre out as it's then running on less tread... This is my 9J with 215s on but I don't want quite so much stretch so will be changing to 225s...

Personally I would hang on for some with tyres as they usually go for around £1200.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Yeah they are a bit too much I would expect them to be a lot better condition for that price, its so tempting to go down the copy route when looking for wheels isn't it lol stay genuine though...

It says a5 also, would they fit considering bore size and it being et34, isn't it meant to be et43?

This will be the fitment which should be fine but would advise to make up your own mind lol its only 26.7mm further out than your current wheels which I had 25mm spacers on and on coilovers with no issues, if need be you could always get the rear of the wheel machined to take a couple mm off or at least that's what I would have done if I had bought these wheels when I was looking for some, I insisted on 9J and to be flush with the arches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 255
Lol ok no probs I'm sure some good 8J or 8.5j will come up as I was watching for 9J only but I did see 8.5s getting listed daily.

I think with the 8.5j and ET43 the difference is only 16mm further out with the 9j ET34, so really not bad. Could easily run that and 255/35/19s if it's not too low.

As always, I'm passively selling my rims... Haha.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3 and SI-W85
This will be the fitment which should be fine but would advise to make up your own mind lol its only 26.7mm further out than your current wheels which I had 25mm spacers on and on coilovers with no issues, if need be you could always get the rear of the wheel machined to take a couple mm off or at least that's what I would have done if I had bought these wheels when I was looking for some, I insisted on 9J and to be flush with the arches.

If it says 1.3mm further away from suspension, does that mean there is no need for anything in addition like spacers?
And if it was xy closer to the suspesion, you would need spacers?

You would have to measure your suspension to wheel distance as there may be a gap of 15mm so you could go even closer as the willtheyfit app does not know what vehicle it is on just gives an overall measurement of how much further away or closer the new wheel will be.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Well I did a trial with my new wheels today but I've decided the tyres are too stretched for the height of my car so looks like I will be changing to 235s instead of 215, also I need 5mm spacers on the front and 10mm on the rear which suprised me as these wheels are all 9J ET41 will look good though with a bit bigger tyres what ya think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 241
Last one looks a bit lost in them arches doesn't it. 235s should fill them up a bit more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 230