JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cozza McA

Thread: Full Audi code for needle sweep function enable.

Reverse Gear

Status

Full Audi code for needle sweep function enable.

Hi Folks,

I'm picking up my new Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro in T-13 days and cannot wait, and have spent the last weeks looking through the forums and picking up valuable info on remapping, upgrades and mods,

I have contacted the dealer/stealer and have asked him to enable the needle sweep function, believe it or not, he has agreed to do it, although they don't have the full code, I have found many threads on using the VAG COM cable and instructions to do it by a DIY'er,

The dealer has told me that they don't use the VAG COM cable and diagnostic system, but if I could find him the full correct Audi code, that they would indeed do this for me,

This is the instructions I have found for the VAG COM:Enable Gauge Test/Needle Sweep [17 - Instruments] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1 Bit 0 - Check the box for "Gauge Test/Needle Sweep active"

Am I being fed a little white lie to stop them from doing it, as it is apparent on the forums that they don't seem very willing to do this even tho it is possible on all A4 B8's, or does anybody know the correct Audi code to enable it not using the VAG COM,

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked many times before, I have scrolled the forums to no avail before asking,

Many thanks for any info, (would be nice to see that needle sweep when i plug that key in for the very first time, on my very first Audi)

Ray.
    Last edited by Cairngorm; 4th September 2013 at 10:17.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Go to audizine.com . what you want is there.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fsures View Post
    Go to audizine.com . what you want is there.
    Thanks fsures but still can't find it, all I can find is the VAG COM codes and Instructions, no full length code that the Audi dealer is looking for

Crunching The Gears

Status
    Is this it?

If its Highland Audi trying to code it then they aren't the most help full.
    should be a matter of just ticking a box.
    gen.heinz guderian likes this.
    Mods so far...
    LED Interior Lights, Front splitter, Cruise Control.
    Puddle/ Footwell Lights, LED number plate and side lights.
    75% Window Tints, MY11 Lights, Black Optics Grill.
    MFSW, Leather trimmed Grab Handles. CH/LH Lights
    JL Audio, DAB radio
    Vinyl wrap wing mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Cozza,

I've sent them the details and see what they say, thanks mate..

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    2 min job just done mine
    and audi have the tools to do it there just ****s

Neutral

Status
    hi... i tried this on my A6 (2008) but Long coding was greyed out... any other way to complete this change?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozza McA View Post
    Is this it?

If its Highland Audi trying to code it then they aren't the most help full.
    should be a matter of just ticking a box.
    Cozza,

What's with the BMW?!!!!!!

Seanick

Crunching The Gears

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seanick View Post
    Cozza,

What's with the BMW?!!!!!!

Seanick

Haha Iv been outed on the forum..

Just fancied a change to be honest. The a3 was a mint car but just to much of a one of a kind so hard to fly around and not get noticed.
    The BM blends in, sort of.
    Was also at the age where thing were going to start costing more money so in my mind cheaper to buy a new car instead of keep a owlish one going.

Any luck selling yours?
    Corey
    Mods so far...
    LED Interior Lights, Front splitter, Cruise Control.
    Puddle/ Footwell Lights, LED number plate and side lights.
    75% Window Tints, MY11 Lights, Black Optics Grill.
    MFSW, Leather trimmed Grab Handles. CH/LH Lights
    JL Audio, DAB radio
    Vinyl wrap wing mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    I'd reckon that you are being very lucky if your Audi dealer is actually changing soft codes for any reason other than as part of them retro fitting some new hardware. I'm sure things have changed a bit, but, back in 2000 after I imported a new B5 Passat V6 4Motion from Holland (Intercar in Brunsuum), I found out in the winter that the windscreen fluid level warning was coded in, I asked my local VW dealer to recode the instrument cluster - "that is not possible, we would need to order in a precoded cluster and remove/replace dashboard to make the changes - probably about £2000 all in, that is what we need to do to sort out imports as they are built from completely different parts!" - well that was when I thought "oh bother, I'll just buy VAG COM" - which I did and found the brake warning coding was also missing, sorted both in a couple of minutes. What a shower of clowns, my first experience of a VAG dealer, second unfortunate contact was at first service - "what did you say you have done sir, you replaced the oil early, that was bad as as the oil approachs the change time its molecular structure changes and it cleans up the engine during the final 100 miles" - story tellers. I think they all believe in fairies, hum, that could explain a lot!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rum4mo View Post
    "what did you say you have done sir, you replaced the oil early, that was bad as as the oil approachs the change time its molecular structure changes and it cleans up the engine during the final 100 miles" - story tellers. I think they all believe in fairies, hum, that could explain a lot!
    Karls 312bhp A4 3.0 TDI build thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4...ld-thread.html

1st Gear

Status
    I meant to add what happened 2 years later, this time 1.4 SE Polo imported from Holland from a VW dealer near Baan, it was on flexible servicing, so I changed the oil at about 9 months and at about 18 months it requested a service (while still under warranty), I was stupid/naughty and told them what I had done, this time a senior tech was brought out to talk to me about what I had done wrong, I was ready this time, so I suggested that they might want to buy the used oil from me because it obviously had all these special properties ready to jump into action - strangely they turned down that offer and slunk away!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozza McA View Post
    Haha Iv been outed on the forum..

Just fancied a change to be honest. The a3 was a mint car but just to much of a one of a kind so hard to fly around and not get noticed.
    The BM blends in, sort of.
    Was also at the age where thing were going to start costing more money so in my mind cheaper to buy a new car instead of keep a owlish one going.

Any luck selling yours?
    Corey
    Ha ha Corey,

Sorry for 'outing you' in such a public place!!

Yeah a3 is gone now replaced with an a4.

Your a3 was always looking good mate!! The bm looked clean too!! I only passed you at the top of the Cromarty hill and your car caught my eye so must have something going for it!!! Even if it is a bm!!!!!!! Hehe..... Maybe not blending in as much as you think!!

Did you sell the a3 private or trade it?

Cheers Sean