what tyre pressures should i have?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
b8 tdi 255-35-19 tyres.....what pressures?
or should i put in what it states on the sticker for 18 inch tyres?

My MY2010 car on 19's has a sticker showing the correct 19" pressures. Doesn't yours?

It's worth noting that Audi recommend running on the loaded pressures all the time ... unless you feel the ride is too hard. i.e. 39F 44R

Tyre_pressures.jpg

thanks.....mine dont have a sticker.......is yours a 2.0 tdi ?
il stick with 39 all round see how it go's.......thers only me using the car.
My MY2010 car on 19's has a sticker showing the correct 19" pressures. Doesn't yours?

It's worth noting that Audi recommend running on the loaded pressures all the time ... unless you feel the ride is too hard. i.e. 39F 44R

Tyre_pressures.jpg

I run mine at 36/34 and feels fine. Was running 39/42 but went through two Continental tyres on the front in twelve months, wear was in the flat part of the tyres, advised I was running to high a pressure by tyre fitter.

between 35-36 all round then i think.
I run mine at 36/34 and feels fine. Was running 39/42 but went through two Continental tyres on the front in twelve months, wear was in the flat part of the tyres, advised I was running to high a pressure by tyre fitter.

I run mine 36 Front 33 Rear for 2.0TFSI Quattro 21 bhp 255/35/19, Low load.

Mine's 2.0T quattro

My tires are wearing very evenly across the tread so I'll stick to 39/44.

I have heard that different A4's have different stickers so I guess the engine (e.g. a 3.2L lump or a TDI) could well have different pressures.

The quote from the car manual (DVD thingy) is :

" The tyre pressure must be adjusted according to the load the vehicle is carrying. We recommend adhering to the tyre pressure specifications for a maximum load. The tyre inflation pressures are listed on a sticker on the end face of the driver's door Fig. 1.However, if you prefer an extra-smooth ride and the vehicle is not fully loaded, you can select the tyre pressure for a normal load (no more than three people travelling in the vehicle). However, should you wish to drive with a full load you must increase the tyre pressure to the specified maximum.
Under-inflation or over-inflation will reduce the life of the tyres considerably and also impair the car's handling. Correct inflation pressures are very important, especially at high speeds. The pressures should therefore be checked at least once a month and before starting a journey.
Do not forget the spare wheel* when checking the tyre pressures. Keep the spare tyre inflated to the highest pressure required for the road wheels."

wow 39-44 psi seems kinda high. do the A4's really need that?

It sounds high but with a low profile like on the 19's, I guess you need the pressure to protect the rim when you hit a pothole etc.

I am running the same as scoTTy on MY2013 2.0T quattro. Ran the recommended full load on my previous MY2008, although that was 37/42 so seems they have upped it since. Had no issues with tyre wear, 28k on previous car.

between 35-36 all round then i think.

Why are you insisting and the same pressure all round, go with the manufacturers recommendations, if you want a softer ride then its acceptable to drop to the low pressure setting for single occupancy but none of those figures state the same for "all round"?

For years working in the industry I have watched and listened to people deciding on their own tyre pressure and buying cheap tyres (pet hate) and taking risks with the only part of your vehicle contacting the road.

All the engineering involved in designing a road car can be undermined by poor judgment on both tyre pressures and cheap tyres so stick with manufacturers recommendations. They put a lot of time an effort into getting this right and taking the risks you don't need to.

Sorry for the rant but I work in the Automotive industry for both a number of manufacturers and now in recent years a number of class leading race teams and I have seen the effort engineers go to to decide on these figures from cold winter testing at -40 to ride and handling runs that last 1000k.

Sorry for the rant but safety is paramount, go by the figures. By adhering to these you get safety and performance.

Geoff

p.s Stretched tyres, why? Don't even get me stated on this, aesthetics over safety/performance or better known as "form over function"

Reactions: Scotty
Hi Helal786,

Can you tell me where you found out about 39psi all round is best suited for the UK? which roads in the UK? which season in the UK?
I was of the same opinion as Geoff Dunk, but you obviously have been talking to some experts in the field.

Once I can corroborate your insight, I could change mine to the best pressures.

As above.

:readit:

And I'd just STILL like to find what the FACTORY recommended pressures would be for a A4B5 1.8Tq avant running 225/40-18" [Audi alloys] as they are not on the "sticker"

Any Takers?

Anybody.............................?