Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Soot1e
  • 1 Post By 5102 IA

Thread: Correct 19" Wheel/tyre offset

5th Gear

Status

Question Correct 19" Wheel/tyre offset

Hi All,

What is the correct offset for 19" wheels for the B8?

What is the best tyre size?

I'm looking at getting some Genuine Black Edition wheels. Does anybody know the code for the alloys?

And would the A5 or TT ones be the same as the A4 Black Edition ones and fit ok?

Many Thanks
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Correct offset is ET43
    Tyres 255/35 x 19
    Part no 8KO 601 025 AR ( taken from eBay listing so advisable to confirm with Audi)
    A5 wheels have different offset but correct bore diameter, not 100% sure but seem to recall offset is ET32
    TT wheels have different offset and smaller bore diameter.
    Last edited by Soot1e; 28th August 2013 at 07:59. Reason: additional info
    ScottishS3 likes this.
    GOING - A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143 Black Edition, Daytona, Alcantara, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Advance Parking, Light Pack + full LED upgrade, Power Tailgate, S Line Sports Suspension

5th Gear

Status
    Hmmm.....so A5 alloys would be the same size and its just the tyre offset that is different? (weird considering they are the same car underneath!)
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Hmmm.....so A5 alloys would be the same size and its just the tyre offset that is different? (weird considering they are the same car underneath!)
    Just a word of caution here before anyone parts with any money for A5 alloys for their A4.
    A5 wheel offsets are generally lower (ie have more "poke") and whilst an A5 offset for the 19 rims is usually either et29 or et32 depending on the style of rim and sounds almost manageable (although personally I think any less than et33 starts to protrude too much on the front of an A4, particularly if the tyre has a thick rim protector) you need to consider that A5 19" rims usually have a width of 9" as oposed to the A4's 8.5 inch 19" rims - the only exception being the split y wheels on the earlier sports that had a higher off set. That half inch is an extre 6.7mm on either side of the rim, so effectively it would look like an 8.5 wheel with an offset of et29 - 6.7 ie et23... way too much poke on the front, you'd need RS4 wings/arches!
    When talking "et" figures you can't do this in isolation, you've got to consider the width too.

I've been looking at this recently as I'm keen to fit the 20" A5 split 7 spokes (et 29 and 9") as I love the dish...and a challenge! I even bought a damaged one to size up, but despite all my efforts I cant see that the off set issue can be overcome and the same will be true with the 19"

If only it were the other way around with a high off set it would be easily over come with spacers, but removing metal from the back of the wheel hub to increase the offset is a no no.

Ian
    Last edited by 5102 IA; 28th August 2013 at 22:55.
    ScottishS3 likes this.
    Phantom Black B8 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Avant going forward..... and 3.0 24v Manta going sideways

5th Gear

Status
    Spot on Ian! Just the kind of advice I was after so thank you for that. I will bide my time then and wait and get some B8 Black Edition alloys then.

Neutral

Status
    No problem.... and if Ican find a way to make those 9" et29's fit I'll let you know!!!
    Phantom Black B8 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Avant going forward..... and 3.0 24v Manta going sideways

5th Gear

Status
    Well I managed to buy 2 Genuine Audi A4 B8 Black Edition 19" ET43 8KO601025AR alloys so far. Just need to get another 2!

6th Gear

Status
    Not as easy as it seems with differant offset and rim widths.This calculator might help

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

or

1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

1st Gear

Status
    Well I managed to buy 2 Genuine Audi A4 B8 Black Edition 19" ET43 8KO601025AR alloys so far. Just need to get another 2!
    Was that the pair in Mansfield ?
    GOING - A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143 Black Edition, Daytona, Alcantara, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Advance Parking, Light Pack + full LED upgrade, Power Tailgate, S Line Sports Suspension

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    Was that the pair in Mansfield ?
    Yes mate.

1st Gear

Status
    Yes mate.
    Thought so, had my eye on those as well!!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry dude. I had been looking since last year. Bloody hard to come by.

5th Gear

Status
    On the ET43, is the bore 66?

1st Gear

Status
    On the ET43, is the bore 66?
    B8 wheels should have a bore of 66 with the offset of ET43

Neutral

Status
    Yes 66.1... and thats the same on the a5 too.
    OE wheels have a beveled edge around the bore too, which matches the corresponding bevel on the hub to ensure they sit centrally to minimise wobble.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just to give you an idea ,im running 19 inch 245/35/19 ET35 with no issues.