A4 B8 TDI S-Line - Retrofit Standard or SE Suspension?

ed1119

Reaction score
Guys, I cant believe I'm asking this, but the roads on my daily commute are awful - mostly country roads. My previous A4's have been SE's but I love the look of the S-line and bought it in a heartbeat...not thinking of my back!

To bring back some comfort can I :
  • just replace the springs (with SE ones) or
  • will it need a set of standard shocks and springs from a 2.0 TDI, or
  • higher profile tyres
thanks for any help!

Guys, I cant believe I'm asking this, but the roads on my daily commute are awful - mostly country roads. My previous A4's have been SE's but I love the look of the S-line and bought it in a heartbeat...not thinking of my back!

• higher profile tyres
thanks for any help!

I'm up for a car swop if you are? Lol.

seriously though my car (se) has the optional upgrade 18s with the same tyre size as yours and the ride is far from harsh.

There must be a Que of people who would gladly trade s line spec suspension for SE spec?

I have the optional S line suspension fitted to my S line and I have never had reason to complain about it being harsh or hard. Even on rutted and potholed Highland roads.

I'm after a set of the 30mm S line springs for my SE saloon if anyone wants to swap or sell...:thumbsup:

I have a set of AP Racing coilovers if anyone wants them instead? Lol. Corroded front struts so will need a wire brush on them to adjust but in full working order. ;)

Hollow, if you want to pm me with a price and you contact details, I'll get in touch, I may be down your way next week (Mansfield) and can arrange to collect.
Cheers John G.

• higher profile tyres
thanks for any help!

Sorry, I'm just looking for advice in the first instance - do I need to fit SE springs & shocks or would the springs be enough?
Thanks again :)

what size of tyres are you running?

are you able to change to a slightly larger profile tyre? I find tyre size can make a lot of difference in ride quality.

and im going the other way
the SE gap is just to big

I feel that the S Line suspensions are really harsh as well, I was driving a new s line 2014 - 15 and that was much more softer.

Forklift Training London