Audi RS4 wheels

andrew.243

Reaction score
All

First post on here, and apologies as I'm sure this topic has been covered a thousand times before.

I am really struggling with the search option as it seems to come back with an awful lot of threads, most of which are vaguely related; any advice on searching would be very much appreciated. If any one can give me a link to an appropriate thread then thank you.

My vehicle: A4 B8 (2010) 2.0TDi se Avant.

• Would like to replace the wheels with what I believe to be the RS4 style.
  • OEM, would be happy to get referbed
  • 19" preferably but if 18" as on the sline better then so be it (family car so advice as to 18" or 19")
  • What would be the part No.s for the above including offset that suit my vehicle
I am thinking that the sline are the way to go but all advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice.

Kind regards

Andrew

Are you wanting to buy brand new or 2nd hand?

Im thinking about upgrading to 19's and selling my set.

18" just been refurbed and new Avon tyres

I was thinking second hand, but needing referb as I want to have them anthracite.

If you go 19" do you have an idea exactly what spec they need to be (offset ect.)

Not had a lot of response to this question. Hope I haven't missed a trick as I'm not really up to speed with forums.

I have posted an introduction to say hello if that is what is missing; or is everybody sick of wheel talk!

Thanks for you post Herbie.

Kind regards

Andrew

Thanks Herbie

They are not far from me.

Is et35 the right offset?

Also I take it you are happy with replicas. I have wondered if they are heavier than oem and if this will show any difference when driving (extra sprung weight, gyroscopic effect....). Also I can't get my head around having a £28,500 car which I have brought so the family are safe, (VWs and SAABs before) and then putting replicas on.

Always remember traveling down the M6 in rain that I have only seen the like of a few times in my life. Audi TT came past me, must have been well over the 100, I was doing 40 with everybody else and even then thought this is madness; people were parked up on the hard shoulder with hazards on. Five minutes later, brake lights everywhere and hazards. The TT had hit the armco, several other cars and was facing the wrong way, could only see one wheel left on it, debris every where. The fella in the TT was on the phone, I assume calling the emergency services, as I slowly wove between all the ****e and him. I thought if he can have a shunt like that and call 999 himself, then I'm up for an Audi next.

Sorry for the 'read with mother' bit but that is why I am toying with oem, see that nothing is wrong other than scuffs and then referb. If anyone can tell me if replicas are tested and to what standard to look for that would help.

Standard offset for 8.5 rims is I believe ET43.
Obviously if you go for different rim widths that needs to be considered.

I just picked up a used set of 19's and their being refurbed now. They were bright silver though being refinished to the Std RS anthracite type grey / silver.

i can't recall part numbers and spec but will share once I get 'em back.

Ensure you get B8 fitments as the older generations had smaller hub diameter and would need boring out to fit.

I found spec. :

Le Mans style RS4 rims

Audi part number: 8K0 601 025
8.5 X 19
ET43

Anthracite on a black A4 B8 Avant, really sold on them. Just need to get my head around replicas. Going to contact the firm in teeside and ask about standards, e.g. tested and approved.

Anthracite on a black A4 B8 Avant, really sold on them. Just need to get my head around replicas. Going to contact the firm in teeside and ask about standards, e.g. tested and approved.
I had M3 replica alloys on my 3 series and never had a problem with them. But it would be interesting to know what sort of testing etc is done on replicas, if any.

Spoke to autoworksteeside and they said all their wheels are stamped JWL / VIA. So assume they are tested to these standards. Would still like to do more research into validity of testing and whether the wheels are just stamped or stamped and certificated and can be verified by trading standards.

Some interesting reading on the links below. I suppose the only way to be really sure is genuine.

http://www.jwtc.jp/
WheelProfessor.com
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Wheel Performance Standards

There are loads of threads on replica wheels on all these types of forums. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. I would be concerned having Chinese (where most are made) wheels that are supposedly stamped up on my car like you have said why pay all that money that put reps on. Also yes they are always heavier sometimes by mind boggling amounts, again lots of threads on wheel weights. Some OEMS are heavy too but at least they are made properly. Another way of looking at it is, would you put re mould tyres on? No, then why put cheap wheels on which the tyres are attached to and then only to the car by 5 small bolts??

AjM

I here your frustration in your reply. I think my original post about covers my ability to find specific information. I was hoping that somebody may post a link (I've got the hang of clicking on them!) that would give some detail one way or the other.

I think you have just about summed the thread up for me as I totally agree with your last few sentences about quality.

Originals it is then.

Thanks all for your input as it has taken me off to other threads and have learnt a bit about part numbers and offset.

Reactions: AjM
There are loads of threads on replica wheels on all these types of forums. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. I would be concerned having Chinese (where most are made) wheels that are supposedly stamped up on my car like you have said why pay all that money that put reps on. Also yes they are always heavier sometimes by mind boggling amounts, again lots of threads on wheel weights. Some OEMS are heavy too but at least they are made properly. Another way of looking at it is, would you put re mould tyres on? No, then why put cheap wheels on which the tyres are attached to and then only to the car by 5 small bolts??
Very well said!:thumbsup:

Reactions: AjM
Any idea of the cost for the B8 RS alloys as I like them a lot and think they would look very nice on my Sprint Blue S4

Last edited:
Iv got some black 19 inch RS6 style wheels for sale with a diamond cut if you are interested .