Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dieseldoos
  • 1 Post By Johnny G

Thread: High mileage S4 B8

Reverse Gear

Status

High mileage S4 B8

Hi all,

I sold my A3 2006 2.0TFSI Quattro last year when moving back to the UK and am now looking at options in the UK.

I will be doing minimal miles. London based so no using it in the week except for the odd run and weekend trips.

For that reason I am thinking S4 and that a high miler wont be an issue. I can either get a B7 with anywhere from 50 to 100k for decent money, or if I stretch, a B8 with 100k. I really want the B8 for the cabin, looks and new feel and because of limited use the high mileage should not be a huge issue for holding value relatively speaking.

At 100k and around £15-16k what should I be looking for or ensuring has been done assuming its been serviced by VAG?

Even the V6 is going to be a crazy upgrade for me as the biggest engine I have had is the A3 before so no issues with the exhaust note. I prefer the sound of a newer engine anyway.

Thanks for listening.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Any experiences or comments from anyone on the merits of buying a high mileage S4?

Cheers.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Any experiences or comments from anyone on the merits of buying a high mileage S4?. Cheers.
    I bought my 2009 S4 Avant manual gearbox in January2012 with 79k on the clock. It now has 90k on it and has driven like a dream since day one. I travel to Central France in it three times a year, a round trip of 1700 miles each time and average 26 mpg each trip.
    Great car, I do not have a bad word to say about it.
    Hope this helps?

1st Gear

Status
    As long as it has full service history and has clearly been looked after, I would not let it put me off. I have always tended to buy on condition more than mileage.
    JG51 AUD likes this.
    2009 ​Audi A4 2.0TDI S-Line (143)
    Fully registered VCDS in Portsmouth & surrounding areas , and fault scanning of other makes.

2nd Gear

Status
    usually if a car has been looked after inside and out, chances are the previous owner looked after the engine ect. aswell.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JG51 AUD View Post
    usually if a car has been looked after inside and out, chances are the previous owner looked after the engine ect. aswell.
    Agree with this very much, but maybe save up a bit more I've seen reasonably low mileage S4's for around the 18k mark.

Flat oot

Status
    Hi there. I agree with the above comments, but the low price ones tend to be low spec interiors.
    I have just got a sprint blue avant with a pretty good spec, supersport seat's, black optics, b&o sound, privacy glass, manual box etc. Only wish it had sport dif.
    It had 78k when I got it, but there was no way you would have thought that it had anywhere near that mileage, to look at it. It also had a full audi service history. I cannot praise it highly enough, so far it has been an absolute pleasure to drive and I always find myself looking back and smiling as I walk up to the front door.
    I could go on forever about this car but I won't, so just go and get one

Flat oot

Status
    Sorry I meant to add, I paid 19k for mine

Boost addicted

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Johnny G On Twitter Visit Johnny G's Instagram Channel
    I've just bought an S4 with 75k on it. It's absolutely immaculate, has been looked after, FASH on time everytime. I couldn't be happier in the first 24 hours. (Looking at the remap options now :D )
    ScottishS3 likes this.
    Regards,
    Johnny - Find Your Nearest Audi Tuner
    Audi S4 Avant, 2011 - Standard.
    Nissan GT-R, 2010 (641bhp).

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrygttdi View Post
    Hi there. I agree with the above comments, but the low price ones tend to be low spec interiors.
    I have just got a sprint blue avant with a pretty good spec, supersport seat's, black optics, b&o sound, privacy glass, manual box etc. Only wish it had sport dif.
    It had 78k when I got it, but there was no way you would have thought that it had anywhere near that mileage, to look at it. It also had a full audi service history. I cannot praise it highly enough, so far it has been an absolute pleasure to drive and I always find myself looking back and smiling as I walk up to the front door.
    I could go on forever about this car but I won't, so just go and get one
    Your S4 sounds mint! Get some pics up!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit