Headrest Stuck Rear outside seat

mugshot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new Audi owner and jumped in both feet first with a 2012 Audi A4 1.8 TFSI S-Line Black edition. The only issue I have is that whilst the car is in an immaculate condition, one of the rear headrests is stuck in the top position. Does anyone know how I may be able to dislodge it to put it down?

Ive noticed it seems to be stuck on the inside side as the outside seems to have give and want to move.

I tried searching and couldnt find a similar thread....hoping to get talking to you guys now Im a fellow Audi owner :)

You've pushed in the sprung loaded plastic trim on one side, that sits atop the backrest, where the chrome bar slides into?

You've pushed in the sprung loaded plastic trim on one side, that sits atop the backrest, where the chrome bar slides into?

Ill check as this could be the case, the car came in this manner and I didn't want to force anything so Ill look in the morning - live in an apartment block so not as simple as going to the driveway :)

If your right, is it simple to correct?

Very, just push the plastic sprung part inwards & the headrest will slide down with a push from above.

Reactions: mugshot
Very, just push the plastic sprung part inwards & the headrest will slide down with a push from above.

Absolute legend, just nipped down and it was that simple! Still trying to get to grips with all the bells and whistles on the car...my previous car was a 2005 Saab 9-3 so its a big change on the tech...absolutely loving my car and will definitely be posting on here :)

Well if you need any missing oem tech then give us a shout :)