2013 A4 Avant.....2 x Seat Frame Replacements @ 5 months old....Not Happy!

A3BE

Reaction score
Well just over 5 months since I took delivery of my 2013 A4 Avant 177 Black Edition and the lower front seat frames have got to be replaced.....and I ain't happy������

I had noticed a month or so ago that there was some "rocking" movement in the seat base which I initially though was due to the seat not locking into the seat rail correctly. As it turned out it appears that the seat rail tolerances are way out of spec hence the seat frame requiring replacement. My Audi dealer initially thought the seat anchorages were working loose which was a concern, however after an inspection they have determined that the seat frames will have to be replaced under warranty......I'm guessing that my car is not the only one afflicted by this problem as they had the items in stock. My car is booked in tomorrow for 2 days and I am just hoping this is not the start of any other issues!!

Its a minor annoyance, but easily resolved, don't worry to much.

That doesn't sound to good but i must admit i have never heard of that problem before. There shouldn't be any more problems it doesn't sound major, hope it all goes well when it goes back :)

That doesn't sound to good but i must admit i have never heard of that problem before. There shouldn't be any more problems it doesn't sound major, hope it all goes well when it goes back :)

......What concerns me more than anything is the fact that the seats will have to be stripped out and with interior light pack and storage pack options on the car the hope is that it is all put back together properly and without trim breakages!......I know from experience with the ILP the problems I had fitting LED's which required a new light lense as I could not get one of them out of the rear footwell front seat aperture.

I have checked the seats on two other similar cars and the seats on those were solid with no movement so I'm wondering if the problem I have affects cars with certain options?...I have ILP, storage and leather/alcantara as seat options, so it would be interesting if anyone else with those aforementioned options, has had any similar seat frame issues.

I am always mindful too that when something is disassembled it invariably never gets put back together correctly or without the potential for other quality issues to arise........although in my case I have no option but to give my Audi dealer the benefit of the doubt!

Before it goes in you could tell them that you have taken plenty of photos and videos so therefore if there are any damages you can fight them.

Make sure to take plenty of pics of the lower pillars and trims as it may indeed get scratched when the seats are taken out.

Not really anything that can be done as it all depends how the technician who is carrying out the job is feeling.

Well had the seat frames replaced and received a call to say my car was ready for collection ........collected key from service went to my car opened the door only to be knocked off my feet by the strongest whiff of air freshner.........on further inspection it transpires that when my car was being valeted by the dealer valeter he must of knocked my air freshner off the vent, obviously realising this he put the air freshner back on the vent UPSIDE DOWN!!!

As the air freshner was only replaced last week a whole bottle of freshner has leaked over the centre switch gear, climate controls and the piano black centre console......to say I was not happy is an understatement!!

That was last week.......collected my car today and all is done at what must of been a massive cost to the dealer.....the front switch gear and climate controls along with the console trim had to be replaced. I recognise it was an accident and if ever a lesson has been learned it is the fact that that even I was not aware of the corrosive properties of car air freshners!! How do these car parts stores like Halfords get away with selling items that can literally "eat" your car?

Least they sorted it out mate, but what a tool.

I don't use air freshers in my car unless I have to, if I do I use Magic Tree as no gel or gunk to leak.

i never use them after my lad knocked 1 of the vent and it melted all the switches and ****ed the rns-e