annoying squeaking from roofliner .

hollows wife

Reaction score
my car has developed an annoying squeak from around the interior light area/front edge of the roof.
i've taken the interior light out and lined the roof and light in computer sound deadening .

but i still have the squeak and i cant track it down to an exact location .
anyone had the same annoying noise

Are you sure it isn't coming from the top of the door rubbers ?
They squeak sometimes and need silicone lubricant spray on them.

Reactions: johnnythepie
my car has developed an annoying squeak from around the interior light area/front edge of the roof.
i've taken the interior light out and lined the roof and light in computer sound deadening .

but i still have the squeak and i cant track it down to an exact location .
anyone had the same annoying noise

I had an annoying, yet un-locatable squeak on mine from new.
After Audi replaced the interior light unit and driving along holding various bits of trim (I don’t recommended that).
I discovered it was actually coming from drivers side sun visor, think it was the mirror cover.
They changed the whole visor and the noise stopped.
Not saying it’s that on yours, but worth a try

Is your car a saloon or an avant?
I have a spine shuddering squeak coming from the front n/s. I thought it was maybe the passenger seat but couldn't locate it until recently when I was outside closing the boot and discovered it was the boot spolier. It must be caused by the boot lid moving when going over bumps.
I've been unable to irradicate it myself and its added to the growing list for when the car goes in for its first service next month.

i thnk keef could be right here have noticed if i hold slight pressure on the drivers sun blind and hold it down slightly off the roof ,the squeak lessens .

thats it tommorow they will be out for a few days to see if the squeak goes.

I know it sounds daft - I couldn't believe the noise was coming
From the visor. It drove me mad for weeks, even thought it was the dash trim at one point!
Hope it works for you.