AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Dented wing advice please

Hi we were at our local horse riding school this afternoon I had went to the shop to buy horse feed for my partners horse anyway in the meantime my partner and daughter were in the car and someone reversed into our 61 a4 they have taken responsibility etc am I within my rights to ask for it to be repaired at my local Audi dealer as I want it to be fixed to the standard it was before I've heard about some bodyshops using non standard wings that don't fit properly and also the alloy has been chipped quite badly just taken the paint off should this be replaced it could be refurbed but it may not match the other rims as far as I can see it just seems to be the wing and the alloy and possibly the headlight as it seems a little loose just wondered what you guys think thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lead boot

Status
    Go to Audi and ask if they have an insurance/repair facility. Somebody drove into the side of my car while I was sitting in it and took full responsibility. Because of that Sytner-drive (Reading Audi) dealt with the claim on my behalf, took the car to their repairers and gave me an Audi courtesy car. It saved going through my insurance.
    (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    Gone: (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

1st Gear

Status
    If you've got fully comp you go thro your own insurers. They recover from tp. and you don't lose your NCB. Any x/s and other un-insured losses will be recovered from tp insurers.

You have of course to declare a claim in any future renewals but when it's "full recovery" it doesn't have any effect on premiums etc. If you've not got full comp then you'll need to discuss with the tp insurers and they will decide where the car is repaired.

Few Audi main dealers have accident / body repair facilities so it'll probably be a "recommended repairer anyway. Having had to have a wing replaced on a 10 year old car thanks to a parking bollard jumping out in front of me I can tell you my (fully comp) insurers approved a genuine part with no discussion. (Although I did make a point of specifying, given the age of the car).

As for the specific parts required, that again is at the discretion of the insurer. It's at times like this that it pays, I guess, to have gone with a decent company and not the cheapest. Especially for fully comp.

Mike.