Classic Noob Mistake!

safeqaz

Reaction score
Ive recently bought an Audi A4 143bhp B8 2008 plate (45k on the clock), and the eml light has come up. Took it to Audi and got told its the g450 sensor on top of that i found out its got a DPF!!! i know WTF i thought its only on 170bhp so ******!!!!
Luckily will be doing motorway mileage so should regenerate at expense of mpg!

Going to cost me 250 including labour blah blah to install a new g450 sensor, but im thinking shall i just fork out another 500 and get a dpf delete plus remap!!!

Guys need your input am based in Essex!

Cheers

Screw paying them prices, its easy to replace and just needs calibrating with vcds afterwards!

Where abouts are you based?

Shxt happens & there are untold people out there with no dpf issues if its driven as per needed.

So yes dpf delete is more but removes the hassle futurewise or fit new sensor & drive it so it makes the dpf work properly.

Based in Essex chelmsford. Am gearing towards DPF delete + remap, might aswell make most of my money rather than forking out on a crappy sensor. So guys what places are recommend?? I heard there are two types of DPF delete -- first type where the pipe is split in two and filter removed then rewelded or second a whole new pipe?? Is this the case? And i assume better getting a new pipe altogether?

Cheers

My Indy charged me 80quid to change and adapt mine. You are being ripped off there pal

I'm having DPF removed tomorrow by Rick at Unicorn in Stockport - a bit far to go if you're in Essex, but having spoken to him on the phone, he's assured me that there's no need for an aftermarket exhaust as removing the filter and leaving an empty space where it once was doesn't cause any ill effects as far as the escaping gases go.
Having looked into it, £600 seems the going rate for removal and remap.

£500 for delete and remap
£300 up here in sheffield see's it done

neighbours had the 2.0tdi and used it for running round town, dpf light came on and had to get the sensor replaced and the filter cleaned, was fine.. week later came back on (think they paid about £1k in bills) and then they sold it (much to the disappointment of the gentleman who loved it :( ). they were only doing the few miles to town so doubt the engine ever got up to temp... let alone the dpf! (my engine only just gets up to temp when I get to work and I have a 1.5crdi rio....LOL )

so yea I'd probably say if you know you're not going to be able to do those extended and want to keep it then the removal would probably be the way to go. This is why I'm getting a petrol xD