Chris NottAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

audi a4 b8- reteo fit sat nav

hi all
    as above really, i would like to add the sat nav to my audi a4 b8,
    is it a realistic upgrade or is it too much hassle/cost
    ive seen the screen, sat nav unit and gear gaitor/controls for a reasonable price. what else is needed?
    cheers
    john

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    It has been done by somebody on here but it's a ridiculous amount of money to do and a hell of alot of hassle!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    It has been done by somebody on here but it's a ridiculous amount of money to do and a hell of alot of hassle!
    ok cheers mate
    is there a list of parts anywhere that would be needed
    john

6th Gear

Status
    Depends what year your car is.

You're looking at £1000+ as a starting point.

IMO save money and get a decent TomTom or Garmin as the Audi nav has its own restrictions re postcode inputting etc.

5th Gear

Status
    It costs £2898 to get done. See here:
    Retrofit kit MMI3G navigation plus Audi A4 8K-39685

Although I did see it here but that doesn't include the centre console controls:
    Audi a4,a5,q5 Touch Screen Navigation | Audi Navigation | Audi Retrofit
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Neutral

Status
    Hi John,

I am currently doing a MMI 3G Plus retrofit on my B8. I've done a bit of the install already but have been held up waiting for the MOST optical cable from a supplier (3-4 day lead time which has turned into over 3 weeks!!) So far the only hassle has been doing the research as there is lots of information on the internet to do it yourself but nowhere gives you the complete guide. When I've got it all sorted I'll try and cobble together some sort of guide. A good place to look for bits is eBay Germany ebay.de which has loads of MMI parts for sale and many sellers ship to the UK.

If you can wait a few weeks I'll be able to give you a list of parts and my costs so you can get a ball park figure for this retrofit. At the moment I would estimate it at about £1300, but I've also gone for the DAB radio and AMI (which I installed in my armrest last week). The only bit I'm not looking forward to is finding an Audi dealer to remove the component protection on all the bits. I feel I shall receive a right royal shafting.

Lee.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefish View Post
    Hi John,

I am currently doing a MMI 3G Plus retrofit on my B8. I've done a bit of the install already but have been held up waiting for the MOST optical cable from a supplier (3-4 day lead time which has turned into over 3 weeks!!) So far the only hassle has been doing the research as there is lots of information on the internet to do it yourself but nowhere gives you the complete guide. When I've got it all sorted I'll try and cobble together some sort of guide. A good place to look for bits is eBay Germany ebay.de which has loads of MMI parts for sale and many sellers ship to the UK.

If you can wait a few weeks I'll be able to give you a list of parts and my costs so you can get a ball park figure for this retrofit. At the moment I would estimate it at about £1300, but I've also gone for the DAB radio and AMI (which I installed in my armrest last week). The only bit I'm not looking forward to is finding an Audi dealer to remove the component protection on all the bits. I feel I shall receive a right royal shafting.

Lee.
    looking forward to seeing the write up and parts list!

i fancy doing this myself and if you get AMI and DAB thrown into the mix for under £1500 I don't think that's too bad.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    did this ever get finshed ?