audi a4 b8- reteo fit sat nav

johnnevett

Reaction score
hi all
as above really, i would like to add the sat nav to my audi a4 b8,
is it a realistic upgrade or is it too much hassle/cost
ive seen the screen, sat nav unit and gear gaitor/controls for a reasonable price. what else is needed?
cheers
john

It has been done by somebody on here but it's a ridiculous amount of money to do and a hell of alot of hassle!

Depends what year your car is.

You're looking at £1000+ as a starting point.

IMO save money and get a decent TomTom or Garmin as the Audi nav has its own restrictions re postcode inputting etc.

Hi John,

I am currently doing a MMI 3G Plus retrofit on my B8. I've done a bit of the install already but have been held up waiting for the MOST optical cable from a supplier (3-4 day lead time which has turned into over 3 weeks!!) So far the only hassle has been doing the research as there is lots of information on the internet to do it yourself but nowhere gives you the complete guide. When I've got it all sorted I'll try and cobble together some sort of guide. A good place to look for bits is eBay Germany ebay.de which has loads of MMI parts for sale and many sellers ship to the UK.

If you can wait a few weeks I'll be able to give you a list of parts and my costs so you can get a ball park figure for this retrofit. At the moment I would estimate it at about £1300, but I've also gone for the DAB radio and AMI (which I installed in my armrest last week). The only bit I'm not looking forward to is finding an Audi dealer to remove the component protection on all the bits. I feel I shall receive a right royal shafting.

Lee.

Hi John,

I am currently doing a MMI 3G Plus retrofit on my B8. I've done a bit of the install already but have been held up waiting for the MOST optical cable from a supplier (3-4 day lead time which has turned into over 3 weeks!!) So far the only hassle has been doing the research as there is lots of information on the internet to do it yourself but nowhere gives you the complete guide. When I've got it all sorted I'll try and cobble together some sort of guide. A good place to look for bits is eBay Germany ebay.de which has loads of MMI parts for sale and many sellers ship to the UK.

If you can wait a few weeks I'll be able to give you a list of parts and my costs so you can get a ball park figure for this retrofit. At the moment I would estimate it at about £1300, but I've also gone for the DAB radio and AMI (which I installed in my armrest last week). The only bit I'm not looking forward to is finding an Audi dealer to remove the component protection on all the bits. I feel I shall receive a right royal shafting.

Lee.

looking forward to seeing the write up and parts list!

i fancy doing this myself and if you get AMI and DAB thrown into the mix for under £1500 I don't think that's too bad.

did this ever get finshed ?