Help me become a proud 1st time buyer/owner :D

ahhhh!!!! ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: just went on the dealers website of the white saloon with b&o and on their site it's listed as sold!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! WHY DOES NO ONE REMOVE THEIR AUTOTRADER ADVERTS!!!! getting really frustrated at this now!

Lol

Either all these Audi s have their own minds (remember no.53 Herbie?)
And shouting "buy me in don't like Dr Sasso!)"
Or u just the unluckiest fella on this side of the moon!

Why only on straights?
U have power and grip of 4wheel drive - just give it welly all the way!
Take it to some snow cover peaks after the ring, and see how it gets on too!

Oh - it has satnav/sensors?
Sorry my bad.

Steve: are there any downside to the car after a 305 remap?
Apart from insurance hike,
Would even normal drive plus occasional flooring it increase
Tyre wear and engine stress massively over standard setup?

Where s the nearer REVO garage for me too in Bradford, West Yorks?
Is it Kevin who s based there?

lol I know... it seems the moment I am about to enquire about a car it gets sold xD I think every dealer out there has it in for me.... they track my IP and know I'm looking and then take them off just to toy with my emotions! haha ahhh number 53! was a classic car show on about 3-4 months back down here and there was an old beetle done up like Herbie :D looked awesome!

well from watching vids of the nurburgring it seems majority of people spin out on the corners rather than the straights (funny that isn't it :p) so I'd rather save the welly for the straights as it'll be my first time and just get a feel for the corners (and car...lol). but I suppose if I do end up going I'll probably want to do a few laps so probably try to keep besting my time.... just some cars slipped out so easily it seems, rather not risk binning a new car (new to me obv ;) )

only downsides to tuning apart from insurance would be a slight increase in ware on parts, but shouldn't be an issue with regular servicing. as they stated, they keep everything within the safety limits of the parts. one other might be similar to the "upgrade" bug I get with pcs... spend money getting stuff upgraded.... then a few months later want to spend more cash on the latest... so after a stage 1.... could probably see myself getting the itch (not in the crotch) to take it further, start upgrading other parts, then move the remap up a stage xD and so on :p

(ok lol just swapped out a few options on autotrader.... if i got rid of the back doors there's so much choice in the A5 range! lol )

another look about, not too sure on the wooden inlays and doesn't come with any options (nav/parking/b&o)
Used Audi A4 TFSI 211 QUATTRO S LINE GREAT SPEC 4DR for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1584907)

Last edited:
Strange?
I just did a search on pistonheads for u 5mins ago and that car didn't show up?!!!

So wot toys it has?
Hmm... Inside looks worst than my local pub stuck in a time zone - eeeek!
But I do prefer non-leather purely for no stretched leather and less likely to be damaged.
But suede or alcantranz(?) Don't do it for me :-(

U better enquire now!
Before its sold!
No harm in making 1st enquiry - so at very least the seller will let u know if a serious buyer appears !

didn't it? that is strange... :\

toys.... none... zilch, nada.... well.... it has a cargo net in the boot xD but nah looks like just has standard things (but not even rear parking :( ). yea I'm not the biggest fan of those trims... be the first thing to go I think!

I do like the seats being 1/2 leather with cloth/whatever in the middle...as you said... won;t get that stretched leather look... also hate sitting on leather in hot weather... just sticks to you espicially if in shorts haha! be peeling myself from the seat... but then again... with the intensity that is audi climate control I think I could keep it cool enough with full leathers haha.

ay, probably a bit late now but I'll make a list of things to ask and go over. I like how it comes with an RAC warranty for 6months and is national so doesn;t matter how far I am from them :D dunno if an RAC warranty is worth paper it's written on though xD

Depends if its the full works RAC or basic...
When I bought my FORD it came with platinum RAC or something.
Car broke down a month later (turbo broke) and RAC transported us back from Birmingham to Yorkshire and even a 2nd drop off after I pointed him where to get a nice curry - lol

Buying from dealer maybe better bet with 12month warranty + breakdown.
Else like me buy privately (if cheaper) then pay for Audi inspection then buy their warranty.
Some prefer to just not bother and put money in bank for repairs ...each to their own.

At one point I even managed to get a BOGOF from Lexus.
The deal was sealed when I asked I would buy on spot if they offer me another years warranty for free! :)

Answer is no downsides at all really.
I have been running the Revo Remap to 305 BHP on my A4 since 3000 miles now im at 23000 miles and it is still running strong.
0-60 in 5.5 just changes the car without no other mods i would recommend it to anybody.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W

I have been running the Revo Remap to 305 BHP on my A4 since 3000 miles now im at 23000 miles and it is still running strong.
0-60 in 5.5 just changes the car without no other mods i would recommend it to anybody.

Mate!
U back!
Awesome!

We're u been?
I still no Audi :-(
Our friend Dr Evil...er I mean Dr Sasso finds one but each time before he go see it - it gets SOLD :-(

I have pm'd you ! Just been busy haha.
Keep looking mate don't give up same with you Dr Pepper.

Woops sorry Sasso :keule:

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and chan110
lol Dr Pepper/Evil :p

that's good to hear about the remap :)

ay did have a look at those cars but no pics yet :( and yea I just saw that.... BROWN?!??! WHAT?!?! :p really have to at least see a pic of that first!

odd thing though... looking at the specs/figures for those two cars and they have different 0-60 times and different MPG figures... o_O

strange... brown cloth one is again a bit out of budget but suppose there is always room to wiggle.... don't think I'd be happy with brown though xD

edit: just noticed the first was an avant, hence the different specs/figures xD knew something was odd haha!

Last edited:
I'm also going round in circles (not the fun kind!). keep looking at cars and thinking.... yea I could possibly go for that but then seeing they are a bit more costly I keep thinking that I can;t justify the extra cost if they don't even have basic things like rear parking... and if I cba with that then I may as well go for the cheaper ones that are on my budget to start....but most have either got high milage, private sellers (dunno about this) or don;t have a pic....

eg. this Audi A4 2.0 TFSI 211 QUATTRO S LINE GREAT SPEC 4DR 2009

but doesn't have any features, so may as well go for this: Audi A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S Line 4dr Saloon 2009

but that's private and not too sure of the silver.....but then there's this in the middle: Audi A4 2.0T FSI QUATTRO S LINE 4DR 2009
which is white (becoming fond of), doesn't have features so same as the others but is from a dealer/garage. but no pics xD

or as you suggested possibly :Vehicle Details
which has sat nav... but it's 16k xD

might make a few phone calls this lunch to that grey one with the wood inlays (lol they will have to go) and the one without pics as it sounds decent enough. what ya thinking? (could always retrofit parking sensors if it bothers me that much)

Reactions: chan110
Lol

Either all these Audi s have their own minds (remember no.53 Herbie?)
And shouting "buy me in don't like Dr Sasso!)"
Or u just the unluckiest fella on this side of the moon!

Why only on straights?
U have power and grip of 4wheel drive - just give it welly all the way!
Take it to some snow cover peaks after the ring, and see how it gets on too!

Oh - it has satnav/sensors?
Sorry my bad.

Where s the nearer REVO garage for me too in Bradford, West Yorks?
Is it Kevin who s based there?

Audi's as we all know are over engineered and therefore more than capable of handling the extra power, also remember a lot of the power gain comes from the fact that we are 'Fine tuning' your car to suit the environment and fuel that it's now being used with. remember when the cars leave the factory, the ECU tuning is the same for many different fuel types/qualities and must suit a variety of different climates and so on... yes of course we also give the car more boost and adjust fueling, but again as I say Audi's can easily handle this Stage one tuning, let alone greater power increases with Stage 2 upwards. I won't say there isn't more strain on anything, because yes with any tuning there will be, however Revo/STaSIS software has a huge amount of development and testing put into it, I'd say more than any other by far, as VAG is what we do, we don't try to be a Jack of all, Master on none, we stick solidly to what we know and do well.

Also remember the power is there, but you won't realistically be driving the car to the max day in, day out to eat tyres up, which in reality is what our test cars get put through attending many track events, Nurburg trips, magazine shoot outs and of course with our test facility being based at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia, they have a daily hammering on track there too. As an example the Q5 we just finished testing on had done 5,000 Miles before coming off fleet.

As for Insurance... well that's another subject all together, some insurance company are tuning friendly if told and probably appreciate that fact you are actually informing them, given the fact that software isn't traceable, unless sent to ourselves or a main dealer for an ECU read, which they'd have to have reason to do in the first place and also have to pay for the service. others will charge you a higher premium.

Your closest dealer would be Ollie at | Performance Vehicle Development Ltd
Yes Revo Kev is based here.

Thanks for the input, always great to be heard from customers/users and not just ourselves.

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
ahhh lots of nice info :)

The white audi has been sold :p typical xD

the grey one with the brown inlays is still there (wooo) and spoken to the guy who's going to get back to me with full spec and some Q's I asked. so far I got that it'll come with a 6 month platinum RAC warranty (so time to google that) and can be extended which is nice. Will have between 7-12 months left on MOT, tax will be what ever if left on it. already spoke about price and from £14750 he said they usually can sway about £250 so thats looking more like £14,500 already so getting there. a cool £14k would be more preferable though ;) he said the inlays on most cars makes them look older but he said they compliment the audi quite well without making it seem "older".... still.... cheap enough I think to replace if I think they look poop.

ahhh lots of nice info :)

The white audi has been sold :p typical xD

the grey one with the brown inlays is still there (wooo) and spoken to the guy who's going to get back to me with full spec and some Q's I asked. so far I got that it'll come with a 6 month platinum RAC warranty (so time to google that) and can be extended which is nice. Will have between 7-12 months left on MOT, tax will be what ever if left on it. already spoke about price and from £14750 he said they usually can sway about £250 so thats looking more like £14,500 already so getting there. a cool £14k would be more preferable though ;) he said the inlays on most cars makes them look older but he said they compliment the audi quite well without making it seem "older".... still.... cheap enough I think to replace if I think they look poop.

Get on the case mate - else this one will go too!

Good luck!

well just had a company meeting, no missed calls off the dude (i did say i was going to be in a meeting from 3:30-5 so hopefully hear off him in the next hour or so, or i'll try and call when im home/tomorrow morning. email sent to friends/fam to see what their opinions of it are and if I'm going for this should I just go for the private one possibly as it's 2k cheaper and very similar spec/condition.

whatdaya reckon? (beeing looking for some autos for you too but again... slim pickins currently! still that loaded SE one for under your budget but as you said, not s-line so off putting.... oh just noticed another auto has been put up in silver for<14k but agian... SE :( )

well just had a company meeting, no missed calls off the dude (i did say i was going to be in a meeting from 3:30-5 so hopefully hear off him in the next hour or so, or i'll try and call when im home/tomorrow morning. email sent to friends/fam to see what their opinions of it are and if I'm going for this should I just go for the private one possibly as it's 2k cheaper and very similar spec/condition.

whatdaya reckon? (beeing looking for some autos for you too but again... slim pickins currently! still that loaded SE one for under your budget but as you said, not s-line so off putting.... oh just noticed another auto has been put up in silver for<14k but agian... SE :( )

Balance what u can afford and what u are happy with.
As for me without mechanical knowhow nor garage friends - I prefer paying a premium for dealer cars with added warranty and thy will usually fix anything before u take it away.

Auto s of that spec is slim :-(
Yes a few more auto making their way to auto trader - that must b some good news!

Remember to add the REVO-ing on top! :)

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Genuine Audi s from auction (DIRECT from Audi?!!!)
must worth a look!

1C440D02-A32D-4965-8D13-A852A3B5511A-390-000000DEFEE9DAAD_zps1bd74e42.jpg

9B9BECA3-33EF-4CE3-AD98-54436153F900-390-000000DEFAC877C8_zps5b5f3796.jpg

Brighouse - British Car Auctions

ahhh not bad.... I'd be skeptical over an auction house though? no chance to test drive and such :\ but I suppose that's the added risk to get something cheaper? also it's a fair old distance away in the middle of a work day so not gunna be able to make that :p

Up in the air about what to do now :\ the guy got back to me about the grey one.

so in addition to the info on the page it has
MOT till July 2014, No tax (£200),
6 month RAC platinum Warranty,
Cruise control,
heated seats,
it's actually has the symphony and B&O sound system in it! (nice).
FSH, 5 stamps, 3 with audi (til end of warranty in 2012) and 2 stamps with indy garage (42k on the clock)
One owner.

Only problems are really It's still a bit over my budget (considering have to add tax and insurance ontop of it too) and don't realistically think I can get it down to £13k/13.5k (or even lower would be nice xD )

Was looking to put a deposit on now and view/potential buy on sat but after having a sleep I'm in two minds. One major problem is autotrader lies completely about the distance :p AT said it was 160ish miles... not too bad.... It's actually about 260miles so close to 3.5/4 hours up there and same again back :\ and no one is free to go with me to see it this weekend....and as I've never bought a car before would prefer it to have someone a bit more in the know with me.....but at the same time..... I don't want to let another car slip by :\ AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH dunno what to do :(

just spotted this coming onto the radar... no pics but very similar to that other car but from a dealer:

Vehicle View - Audi A4 2.0 T FSI (211 PS) quattro S-Line - Huddersfield

requested some pics so hopefully hear from them shortly. much better buy as from a dealer me thinks (dad will be happier as he hasn;t let up his argument for waiting for one from a dealer...granted it's a bit further away again but hopefully can get it sent down to swansea ;) )

p.s. just phonned about the grey one to let them know I;m not gunna be able to get up for this weekend so gunna hold off deposit and mentioned that the price is still a bit high for me.

Last edited:
just spotted this coming onto the radar... no pics but very similar to that other car but from a dealer:

Vehicle View - Audi A4 2.0 T FSI (211 PS) quattro S-Line - Huddersfield

requested some pics so hopefully hear from them shortly. much better buy as from a dealer me thinks (dad will be happier as he hasn;t let up his argument for waiting for one from a dealer...granted it's a bit further away again but hopefully can get it sent down to swansea ;) )

p.s. just phonned about the grey one to let them know I;m not gunna be able to get up for this weekend so gunna hold off deposit and mentioned that the price is still a bit high for me.

Huddersfield about 45min drive from me!

ignore the distance mate!
if its the right car and u done as much research at home as possible - then go and check it out!

Huddersfield about 45min drive from me!

ignore the distance mate!
if its the right car and u done as much research at home as possible - then go and check it out!

really?! haha! crazy... it's like 4 hours for me :( yea I'm more likely to ignore the distance as it's from a main dealer. they've just gotten back to me and said the sales team should be in touch shortly with some pics. then it's a chat with friends/family tonight to get their opinions.

thinking of stopping in swansea audi on way home to talk about possible finance/payment options on the car, possible transport/release of the car to swansea, how much I could knock off the price and find out what's the usual case with holding deposits.

also wondering about transport up there.... if it;s really great I'd rahter get up there this weekend some how so debating my options:

flights - cardiff to where ever is close? leeds maybe? but stupidly overprices

trains - gah hate trains (busses more so hence why they aren't listed :p ) but again pretty expensive and takes ages and changes.

hire car - could hire a car and drive up possibly after work on friday and wither stay in a hotel or with a mate in leeds or something. can wake up refreshed on sat then to go see it. then leave the hire car up there with a one way drop off and brum brum brum my way back in a new car... or drive back in the hire and return it to where I got it.

lot to think/do/see in a short time xD

Come on - am sure u can do it within 24hrs!

If main dealer - and as long u shown commitment and have driven a similar car,
ready to buy "subject to inspection / test drive" ...
then the dealer should be willing to transport the car to your nearest dealership for free!

if u want to look at cars in my Yorkshire area,
i ll hook up with u and check car together!
but note i am no expert! :-(

i have no experience of Audi dealers.
but VW were tight, jap dealership even tighter (except Lexus),
but european dealers just gave u discount without fuss!

if no monetary discount the try to get something for free/more (fuel, floor mats, gap insurance etc)

oh really? well hopefully I can possibly arrange to get it down here then :D would save me a lot of faffing about and money travelling xD as I said... it;s a bit over what I was looking to happily pay... but it is a pretty damn good example and suppose I can justify it as it's from dealer with warranty :)

well I've just been looking all over! xD If I do go up there to buy (unless they can ship it to me ;) ) I'll give you a shout and go for a spin! haha!

yea could try and get the free two year servicing not on finance or something xD right... off to swansea audi to have a chat :D

I know Ford offered to source a car nationwide for me to 'just' look at
but only if from their franchise Ford (so NOT all Ford dealers).

inverness Audi said they would ship to me in yorkshire.
though i didnt clarify if that was before or after agreeing to buy...

ahh sorry forgot to reply last ngiht. Was having a meeting from 8pm till 10pm :p fun times!

well I;ve spoken to Huddersfield yesterday after work. got sent some pics of it and it's lovely!!!

I did ask about what the deal would be for getting it down here and well they said they wouldn't get it down here without confirmation of purchase, so £1000 over the phone depost and then the rest transfer... then they would get it sent down to swansea audi where I'd dot the i's and cross the t's, but at that point during the inspection/test drive if I felt the car wasn't for me they would give me a full refund... but only whilst there, not after a few days or nowt. Not too sure about this, would have to get it in writting...same with finance but I think it would be just the deposit and then come down with the paperwork and car.

Not too bad really, would prefer to see it in person before handing over the money but if they honor what they said then that's pretty decent.

Unfortunatly everyone was gone from swansea audi when I got there last night so going to go in today to try and talk to them about my options face to face and see if it's possible to get the car released to swansea for them to deal with the trading... hoepfully that way I can get to see the car without a full cash lay out. Also want to discuss pricing, general opinion is that price is pretty good, but point has been raised that it is a 5 year old car and we are about to go through a book drop with the new reg out in the next month so how much room do these guys have to move? think I could get it down from £14850 to sub £14k?

what about a finance option where I pay about 85%-90% of the value as the deposit and then tiny monthly payments to minimise the interest (assuming that the interest is only taken out on the credit amount so ignoring the deposit) so I get the 2 years servicing/MOT at what ever price we agree upon... and if I were to pay up early does the 2 years still keep going even though the credit has ended?

also as this will be coming with an audi warranty....would the revo tuning null and void this warranty? as I wouldn't want something unrelated to be broken, go to fix it and then get lumped with a bill... :\

ah It wasn't for work, the Gaming clan that I'm in :p Can't really get paid for that haha!

yea I did see that! not a bad knock off from RRP :D

yea gunna just have to see what swansea audi say about it... but worried if I do ask and say it voids then they'll be looking for it next service :p or will have to get a SPS with it for the extra monies. What ya think about buying/finance options?

ah It wasn't for work, the Gaming clan that I'm in :p Can't really get paid for that haha!

yea I did see that! not a bad knock off from RRP :D

yea gunna just have to see what swansea audi say about it... but worried if I do ask and say it voids then they'll be looking for it next service :p or will have to get a SPS with it for the extra monies. What ya think about buying/finance options?

Me is my PX (£10k) + cash.

in the past its bank loan (usually cheaper thn car loan).

only go for car loan if 0% interrest.
beware, one default (missed payment) then u hit with double-digit interest rate permanently!!! Eeek!

mmm well my possible thinking was get them down as much as I can on price, then try a finance to get the free servicing but make the initial payment about 90% of the total so only a small finance to minimise interest, and then porbably pay it off the next week anyway to clear the finance and still have the 2 years servicing :D ;) so say like 12/13k down to start.

P.S. won;t need a bank loan, I do have the total in cash... just thinking about getting benefits thrown in for maybe a tiny bit more through finance, if the cost of the two services/mots are less than the extra I would pay on finance

Last edited:
Be careful with Audi finance - I thought when purchasing a new car I would put down 90% deposit and only then have 10% on credit. The maximum deposit, certainly for new cars is 50%! You can pay off the loan early, but you should bear that in mind for finance purposes.

thanks :D yea had crossed my mind what the limitations were. just been into swansea audi for a chat, they're going to get back to me after they've had a chat with huddersfield to see if they can get it released to them and if not then where we can go from there.

did mention it;s pretty well priced and not going to get it down to my 13k budget or even that close though :\ lame!!!! but not brough up some arguing points like it will be coming up to a major service as it;s at 50k miles etc... so depending on what aspires from this phonecall then will have to see what happens next.

think plan will be to either go back down swansea audi in the morning with my brother in law or have him there while on the phone to huddersfield and get him to do the negotiating as he's used to the sales industry :)

In the old days (showing my age)
CASH was king!

now CREDIT is king - coz thy make more money thn cash.
I think thy covered all angles so that thy make money.
letting u have 10% credit and free servicing - thy aint gona make much money :-(

yea....I'm just about old enough to remember when buying in cash meant you could haggle more.... now nobody seems to care xD

was worth a shot though xD hehe still not heard back from the guy at lunch :\ did prefer the other guy I spoke to previously.... the guy I asked things about today just looked at me stupid at times.... wasn't appreciated as I did say I've never bought a car before, felt he could have been a bit more friendly and understanding :( but oh well ay xD better phone me back today!

My personal experience is - it comes down to how u play it and a lot of luck!

U buy at month/quarter/year end time, deal with the manager who happens
To have a lot of discretion, convinced him u are a genuine buyer willing to buy now,
And thy will move mountains for u!

On the other hand, I had dealers who wouldn't look twice at my wad of sweaty
Cash waving in front of him and wouldnt budge on £125 road tax - which I just walked out.

I would walk away if its not the ideal car, but if dealer offers big incentives then will buy.
Other hand, prepare to get no discount nor perks for your ideal car and dealer not desperate to sell :-(

yea I think this could be an issue as I am extremely interested and feel that I;m not going to get better than this for the price really, it's the start of the month and there is other interest in the car too so if I don;t act fast then it's going to be gone and who knows when the next suitable/affordable candidate will pop up :\

I have heard back off the guy at swansea and can;t get the car released unfortunately so will have to go direct through huddersfield :p but he did say that the car is getting several viewings this weekend so if I am really interested I better act fast and put down a deposit. dunno how much could be hype building to try and pressure me into buying (even though from a different dealer). gunna phone my bro inlaw tonight to get his thoughts and ask if he can assist me in the negotiations as I;d probably crumble into a ball and end up paying them more money haha!!

but yea.... thinking about throwing caution to the wind and whacking a deposit down in the morning and then negotiating a price/payment options on sunday when my bro has a bit more time (he's just sold a house so is house hunting with the family tomorrow afternoon)...but then again.... could just deposit, go up sunday, pay full, drive home sunday xD ahhhhh excitement and uncertainty is killing me!