Privacy Glass

Cyprio

Reaction score
Hi all

When I specced my new S4 a few weeks ago I noticed there was no entry in the configurator for whether or not to spec privacy glass.

Anyone know whether these cars already come with the above, or will I have to go down the 'aftermarket tinted windows' route if I want privacy glass?

Steve.

You do not say if it was a Saloon or Avant model you specced. Privacy glass is only available on Avant models, if its a saloon you're looking at, the aftermarket route is the way ahead.

The audi configurator is crap at best as it often has wrong or missing data.

Well I was told when I picked up my black edition that they're no longer doing it for the saloons. Really annoying to be honest, think that it looks really good and is standard on black editions with other models!

The audi configurator is crap at best as it often has wrong or missing data.

A bit disconcerting is that.

I'm now wondering whether or not you get the 'mirror-dip' function, when you spec folding mirrors. The configurator says it's included, although some people have said the opposite - you don't get mirror-dip unless you spec the convenience package!

When I specced my S4, saloon, I ordered privacy glass. It seems that it was an option on the audi configurator, (though this was a mistake- and no one noticed!) The dealer took the money for it, and when the car arrived, they put the tint on the windows themselves! They have done a fantastic job, with no bubbles anywhere, not even where they have gone over the writing. It would be worth asking the dealer whether they will do it.

When I specced my S4, saloon, I ordered privacy glass. It seems that it was an option on the audi configurator, (though this was a mistake- and no one noticed!) The dealer took the money for it, and when the car arrived, they put the tint on the windows themselves! They have done a fantastic job, with no bubbles anywhere, not even where they have gone over the writing. It would be worth asking the dealer whether they will do it.

Hi, thanks for the reply
Originally my dealer thought I could spec it direct from them, and he tried, but in the end he told me it wasn't possible.

****** stupid, seeing as you can spec it for the Avant's; plus there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation for it either, though he did mention that he can have it tinted before I collect.

Steve.