B8 A4 Avant - Tailgate open - how!!

mpc

Reaction score
I am probably being very thick here but how do I open the tailgate without removing the key and pressing the button on the keyfob? There is no button release on the drivers door card and pressing the door unlock button doesn't open the tailgate!

theres one on the boot
where the reg plate lights are

Reactions: Drew Baby
Yes, but what when it's locked? At the moment if the car is running I have to remove the key and press the tailgate unlock button. Surely there is another way?

theres one on the boot
where the reg plate lights are

Not sure if the avant is the same as the sedan, but I have a button in the car just above the door cupholder?
Otherwise, pressing the door unlock button should allow you to open the tailgate without having to remove the key

You can change preferences in settings so boot is unlocked with doors!

Hi MPC

I'm just wondering did you ever find the answer? I have the same car and feel a dumb a$$ but have no idea on how to open the boot without removing the key fob. I have a 2009 B8 2.0TFSi Avant 211bhp. I'd love to know the answer if you ever found out!

Cheers!

Hi MPC

I'm just wondering did you ever find the answer? I have the same car and feel a dumb a$$ but have no idea on how to open the boot without removing the key fob. I have a 2009 B8 2.0TFSi Avant 211bhp. I'd love to know the answer if you ever found out!

Cheers!

Press CAR then central locking and change the boot lid setting as explained above!