Another B6 to B8 question.... :-)

scottshere

Reaction score
Looking to change to a 2008 A4 avant (2.0TDI)
Found one with 100k for around £8k

As far as i can tell, the Hex shaft issue is not an issue with this model/age am i right?

Guessing it maybe an ex company car with this milage, anyone bought one of these with experience to share?
Ive never had one before

I am thinking between the B7 and B8 for this money, but the Hex issues is putting me off the B7

Cheers

Hi for that sort of money it's a lot of mileage on that car .. Why you don't consider mines up for sale in the classified . It's a B7 sline 2.0tdi remapp well look after show car . Nothing wrong with it just Felt for a change . And it's only down 33,402 miles on the clock . Mot till 2014 July , road tax till sept 2013 . Full Audi service history . In top top condition . And it's on bags . But that's coming off puttin back on original sline setup . Only asking for £9500 . Full xenon kit fogs as well . Number plate LEDs . Sat nat etc and its multi tronic . So put some money on top of that 8k and u got your self a car you would regret . If u need to know phone or text me on 07960118471. Mike

Ex company cars are fine as long as they have a full Audi service history (which most will have!)

I'm interested in the whole hex shaft issue. I'm assuming this is the issue with the oil pump and was on the B7's or do I have to live in fear of my B8 packing up??

Yeah I believe so as the b8 if I can recall has commonrail tdi where as b7 pd. Can someone confirm this?