Coilovers queries

jaceyq

Reaction score
Hi have anyone fitted coilovers to there b8 model and which one they use .. And where and how much .. Not looking too spend too much . Let me know and how is the ride quality as well .. Thanks

Hi, I fitted AP coilovers for about £480 delivered if I remember rightly... Had them on since October and haven't had any issues with them at all. Ride quality is better than the standard suspension (I have S-Line suspension). Notice them most when you chuck the car into a corner to be honest.

As for fitting, I got a VW tech to fit them so can't really help with details I'm afraid. Took about an hour and a half was all, and that was him figuring out the suspension setup first because he'd never worked on one before. :)

Reactions: SI-W85
@Dmp not too expensive but at the same time something that wouldn't fail me within a 2yrs period . I had air ride on my b7 model and in the process of selling those . Ones they are sold I will eventually go back on air ride . For the me time I just wanted some coilovers to carry me through for a year time till and I mount the air ride system on ...

Dag thanks for the info .. Do u know by chance if the rears on the b8 is the same as b7 or not .. Because I know the front is the same only difference the struts are different at the bottom .

I couldn't tell you I'm afraid, I've not seen a B7 setup. I'd assume it would be very similar but can't give you a definite answer I'm afraid...

@ DMP what the best price you can do me on them Ap kit .. I don't want to spend too much .

Dag where did u get them from what is the website . Thanks

Ok.. But how much it is there as I phone the, and they saying £509 ... Anyway cheaper.. I have been doing some research and some folks saying ap coilovers don't go as low as the fk ones is that true or not .. And the rear adjuster is sort of a problem to adjust and don't go low enough... Seeing that you has fit them you might know more ..

Is that the cheapest you could do .. Any offers..

Maybe it was £480 plus delivery then? Been a long time since I ordered them! Haha.

The rear on mine is as low as it will go and the adjusters have been taken out too. The rear wheel is just very slightly up in the arch, maybe 5mm or so?

The front you could drop stupidly low if you wanted, there is as much adjustment as you could want. So unless you're wanting the wheels tucked right into the arches then the kit should be fine?

Here's a pic of it next to a B7 RS4 so you can see the difference. The rear is about the same height as the front, so hopefully you'll be able to tell if it would be low enough for you! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372835549080391

Ok . Am considering .. How is the drive dag . Soft , any noises in front ...

The drive is really good. Better than with the standard S-Line springs. :)

I get a slight noise near lock at slow speed and a scrub when I have a little steering on and hit a bit of a bump but I think that's just becuase the front is as low as it is. I've been meaning to raise it up 5mm or so for a while... Lol. Nothing that really affects driving at all though. Wouldn't put me off...

That's what I was thinking , because previous ride I lower and got that as well from the down force on the tracking rods ball joints. And because of it low as well and the pressure on the steering rack you will get that scrubs when turning at lower speed rather than high speed ...

Hi Im considering getting some coilovers been advised by AMD Essex to go the bilstein route and to just get the b14s as KWs customer service is poor. but i was also wondering about the B16 ride control set as well what are they like?

thanks James