Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    3rd Gear

Status

MMI Cable in new car

Am I right in saying my new car should have the lead for the MMI included ?....Please don't tell me I have to buy it myself !!

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Depends if it had ami spec'd or included with the car when built or retrofitted.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Brand new A4 BE with AMI standard.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    As greedy as audi are, they don't fit ami without at least 1 cable afaik, just pop to the dealer tomorrow & ask where it is, assuming you've stripped the car to find it :P

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Yep.....looked high and low but no cable.....presumably it's the red one for iPod 7th gen ( mini USB )?

I'll give them a call as you say...thanks.

6th Gear

Status
    Most likely you will not have it. Audi are tight and will want you to pay. Dont let them make you pay for it, tell them to give it to you for free you just bought a brand new car off them ?
    When my wife got hers they didn't put one in but i asked for one and they just gave it me.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    Got it in mine but it was not the mini usb one. Standard I-pod connector.
    Your only as old as you feel!
    2005. A3 sportback.2.0 T FSI Quattro Sport.
    Sat. nav. Alacantra. Etc.
    Was. MY10 S3. White
    Was. MY10 S3. Sprint Blue DSG
    Now. MY13 A4. 3 litre TDI. BE. DSG. Brill red.

1st Gear

Status
    You should get 2 cables with new car, apple end fitting and USB socket. They are not put in the car from factory as liable to go walkies during transit!
    A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143 Black Edition, Daytona, Alcantara, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Advance Parking, Light Pack + full LED upgrade, Power Tailgate, S Line Sports Suspension

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok, thanks all. Already have the lightning to 30pin adaptor from the S3 so to be honest any lead would be a start....I'll contact them today.
    Cars off for detailing today, so hopefully pics tomorrow....still odd pulling up and putting diesel in a car ..

Neutral

Status
    at warrington audi I got two ami cables ( usb and standard ipod) as stated above and didn't have to pay for them when I got my new car off them, the dealer grabbed them before he went to show me all the gadgets in the car before I drove off. Awesome !

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_a4 View Post
    at warrington audi I got two ami cables ( usb and standard ipod) as stated above and didn't have to pay for them when I got my new car off them, the dealer grabbed them before he went to show me all the gadgets in the car before I drove off. Awesome !
    That sounds great service ! I love Warrington Audi myself. When i bought my car from Blackburn they picked one exactly the same from Warrington Audi (Which is mine now) because the other one had a chip on it.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    You should get 2 cables with new car, apple end fitting and USB socket. They are not put in the car from factory as liable to go walkies during transit!
    They will do ! You could make a fortune nabbing them and selling them on Ebay.
    I never got any oil in the boot of my Car when i collected it. It was only 6 months later i realised that Oil comes in the boot with a brand new car so i lost out there. And i was also waiting 1 hour when i picked the car up because somebody nicked the Sat-Nav disk out of it !

But i did get a free set of Rubber mats and some Audi Dust caps and some touch up paint and some Silicone lubricant spray for the squeaky window rubbers when i used demon shine on it.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    That sounds great service ! I love Warrington Audi myself. When i bought my car from Blackburn they picked one exactly the same from Warrington Audi (Which is mine now) because the other one had a chip on it.

Yes mate they are spot on ! Had a really good service from them after being totally messed around by ****ty liverpool audi! Also they prepped my car really well with the "bodycare" pack ( 2 pound can of sealant haha) but i was really happy with the finish as there was NO swirlmarks at all!! I was amazed as this seems the norm for new cars at audi dealerships! I would recommend to anyone !