Badger5JMB Retrofits
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Quattro Tiptronic: 20T FSI or 3.2 FSI ?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Today i just gave it a quick wash ( 2 bucket method with grit guard)
    First i rinse off with hosepipe.
    Then clean the body (2 Bucket method with grit guard) using Meguiars Gold Class. Only got the stuff last week really impressed ! I always used Autoglym Shampoo before that.
    then clean wheels and rinse them off then use chemical guys diablo wheel cleaner the red stuff. and rinse off.
    Didnt use any tyre shine this week as i am only going to work and back in it.
    Last Sunday i used Dodo Juice Lime Prime then used Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax and waxed all the Wheels + windows cleaned exhausts etc..
    U certainly love your car!
    i will never be able to justify that sort of love for my car! :-)
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I am looking for more parking space as my other son will have a car in 3 years ! think i will have to move out.
    That pic was January 2013 too !
    Was it that Friday night when it didn't stop snowing and it was coming down so thick ? it was going over the top of my wellies it was that deep !
    I bet you was surprised after you came out of the cinema ? Because you are not aware of what is going on outside are you.
    Oh god that's bad news !
    I am not sure actually. I just clicked upload photo.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chan110 View Post
    U certainly love your car!
    i will never be able to justify that sort of love for my car! :-)
    I just try to keep it looking the best i can for the time i have it. The Lime prime cuts out all the surface scratches and swirl marks and makes the paintwork look new again which is what i like.
    The cleaner and nicer it looks when you come to sell it the most likely you are going to get more for it.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html

1st Gear

Status
    I am looking for more parking space as my other son will have a car in 3 years ! think i will have to move out.
    That pic was January 2013 too !
    Was it that Friday night when it didn't stop snowing and it was coming down so thick ? it was going over the top of my wellies it was that deep !
    I bet you was surprised after you came out of the cinema ? Because you are not aware of what is going on outside are you.
    Oh god that's bad news !
    I am not sure actually. I just clicked upload photo.
    if i get my A4 Quattro - then i dont care about the weather - lol
    if i get winter tyres too - i would probably put my foot down and do a few power slides too in snow :-)

but since having bought the 2WD Skoda - i have a pair of snow socks in the boot just in case ...

1st Gear

Status
    This thread should be called the "Chan110 and Audi Dynamik" thread - lol

i believe this forum has 10,000s members?
    though i only see double-digit viewings in this section.

where are most members?
    and which cars have most members?

1st Gear

Status
    I just try to keep it looking the best i can for the time i have it. The Lime prime cuts out all the surface scratches and swirl marks and makes the paintwork look new again which is what i like.
    The cleaner and nicer it looks when you come to sell it the most likely you are going to get more for it.
    is that from DoDo Juice?
    so they have a product to thinner the car wax to remove the swirls?

Do thy not also have a product that fills-in the swirl marks so smooths it out?

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah the Quattro is great in the snow :P
    Wreckless hooligan doing powerslides in the snow haha
    And you are better safe than sorry.

Yeah that's a brill idea !
    It does have many members this forum. Most Members sign up and get there information on buying a car or to come to ask a question about something or ask help to diagnose a problem and they get there information and there answer and you never see them again.
    I would say the A4 Section and the A3 Section on this forum is the most used section throughout the Audi range as they are more popular.

Yeah DoDo Juice Lime Prime.
    It has a small cutting agent which eliminates surface scratches and swirl marks. After you use it you must apply a nice wax again for protection which i used Chemical Guys butter wet wax.
    chan110 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    It does have many members this forum. Most Members sign up and get there information on buying a car or to come to ask a question about something or ask help to diagnose a problem and they get there information and there answer and you never see them again.
    I can assure u i am not one of those! :-)
    though if i dont buy an Audi - then i would leave.
    as if i am no longer an Audi owner...

but have found both my classic car forum (1year member)
    and Skoda (6 months member) are brilliant!
    best forums i ever joined, and friendliest - i find if difficult to leave once my classic car is collected by buyer (and when Skoda is sold)...

as for power slides - if u got it, why not flaunt it :-)

6th Gear

Status
    Good you bloody better not be one of those !
    I give you all this help and advice you get your car and i never speak to you again :P
    Hahaha and that is true !

1st Gear

Status
    Good you bloody better not be one of those !
    I give you all this help and advice you get your car and i never speak to you again :P
    hence i have not revealed my real name or my place of residence - wink wink

lol
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah DoDo Juice Lime Prime.
    It has a small cutting agent which eliminates surface scratches and swirl marks. After you use it you must apply a nice wax again for protection which i used Chemical Guys butter wet wax.
    Good post! Think I'm going to get some of that DoDo Juice Lime Prime for myself! Any good places to get it from?
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

6th Gear

Status
    It really is fantastic stuff ! I applied it with a microfibre cloth and did the whole car. Buffed it off with Autoglym perfect polishing cloth and applied some wax with microfibre cloth and buffed it off with Autoglym perfect polishing cloth again and the results are amazing.
    What wax will you use ?
    You can buy it from Juicy Detailing here 2 sizes:
    Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime' 250ml | Pre-wax & Glazes | Juicy Detailing
    Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime' 500ml | Pre-wax & Glazes | Juicy Detailing

Or Shinearama:
    Dodo Juice Lime Prime Pre-wax Cleanser (250ml) - Shinearama

Or ebay:
    Dodo Juice Lime Prime Pre-wax Cleanser / Cleaner 250ml | eBay
    Dodo Juice Lime Prime Pre-wax Cleanser Polish 500ml | eBay

1st Gear

Status
    I use Tesco s microfibre the cheapest!

But find the bigger Asda ones more practical.
    Some say the Costco ones even better value.

Dynamik: now I find this worrying :-(
    Engine rebuild required on a B8 @68k

5th Gear

Status
    It really is fantastic stuff ! I applied it with a microfibre cloth and did the whole car. Buffed it off with Autoglym perfect polishing cloth and applied some wax with microfibre cloth and buffed it off with Autoglym perfect polishing cloth again and the results are amazing.
    What wax will you use ?
    You can buy it from Juicy Detailing here 2 sizes:
    Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime' 250ml | Pre-wax & Glazes | Juicy Detailing
    Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime' 500ml | Pre-wax & Glazes | Juicy Detailing

Or Shinearama:
    Dodo Juice Lime Prime Pre-wax Cleanser (250ml) - Shinearama

Or ebay:
    Dodo Juice Lime Prime Pre-wax Cleanser / Cleaner 250ml | eBay
    Dodo Juice Lime Prime Pre-wax Cleanser Polish 500ml | eBay
    Ive got some AMDetails wax from the local detailer. It's good and he reccommends it over the DoDo Juice that he also sells.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Love this!

CLICK on pic to see vid:

bet the B8 pre-FL looks even more awesome! :-)

6th Gear

Status
    I am using the Costco yellow ones great value.
    And i would say that is damn right unlucky. It could happen to anyone. All i would say keeping servicing it with Audi and if anything happens then they will be happy to help.

Scottish: Ahh right good. Just as long as it isnt cheap rubbish

Yep that's the Dynamik. There are getting less and less for sale now. That one seems abit on the dear side though. £23,750-£24,000 is a good price. If you could but that then great news !

Yeah hahaha that video looks niceee

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chan110 View Post
    This thread should be called the "Chan110 and Audi Dynamik" thread - lol

i believe this forum has 10,000s members?
    though i only see double-digit viewings in this section.

where are most members?
    and which cars have most members?
    I'm hiding over on the B7 section as that's what I have. It's reasonably busy in there. You can also find me in the Detailing section but it's pretty quiet in there. Dodo Lime Prime is good stuff though...

2nd go with the DA

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    I'm hiding over on the B7 section as that's what I have. It's reasonably busy in there. You can also find me in the Detailing section but it's pretty quiet in there. Dodo Lime Prime is good stuff though...

2nd go with the DA

Nice reflections, mate!

mine last car ...

My summer car:

scotty76 likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Let it shine

1st Gear

Status
    Let it shine
    i usually give my cars a proper wash , clay , wax say ....each month (in reality about 3months) - eeeek!

but a couple of months ago this guy was raising money for charity.
    and he thought "what can i do?"
    "ok - i am good a detailing, i ll charge £150 per car"
    this is him detailing my car (6hrs - 2 people!):

1st Gear

Status
    This thread is digressing off topic a bit
    - would the Forum Mods move my thread???

back to topic.
    the audi salesman still left missed calls.
    their HQ got thru to me - i just told them i wanted a 2.0T and not 3.2.

i rung back the salesman, he was on leave.
    so told the sales manager i wasnt interested in the 3.2

the search continues!

for my 1st Audi!
    A4
    quattro
    s-line
    tiptronic
    2.0T
    B8 pre-FL
    satnav
    parking sensors

not picky am i?

6th Gear

Status
    Car looks amazing !
    They will move it but i would leave it as it is.
    If you don't want it then you don't want it they shouldn't bother you again.
    Well if you want that and it will make you happy then you are perfectly entitled to have exactly how you want it.
    When i buy a car the spec and the car has to be exact if not i will not buy the car.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Dynamik!Thought u said u werent into classics? :-)Or were u refering to the detailing?

6th Gear

Status
    I am not really, Car just looks good :P
    chan110 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Not for me since a FL :-(

but wot is the difference btw Tiptronic and S-Tronic?
    i assume all B8 pre-FL are 2008-10 and only Tiptronic?

1st Gear

Status
    Wots an AUTO CLUTCH?
    and MPG has gone up by 1mpg over Tip/S-tronic?

Last edited by chan110; 24th June 2013 at 18:40.

6th Gear

Status
    Its all the same S-Tronic i think... i think different people advertise them differently.
    Is one of them a saloon and the other avant affecting the economy ?

1st Gear

Status
    Its all the same S-Tronic i think... i think different people advertise them differently.
    Is one of them a saloon and the other avant affecting the economy ?

Huh?
    all my pics in previous 2 posts all wrong?
    let me fix ...

both adverts (s tronic / auto clutch) were advertised on the Audi site.

6th Gear

Status
    Let me rephrase what i said.

The 2.0T Quattro B8 are all S-Tronic's but different dealers list them as different things for example Auto Clutch, S Tronic, Tip Tronic.
    It is what they say it is for example Auto Clutch it is an Automatic clutch and Tip Tronic, It is tip tronic because you can change gears with your tips. but in theory the gearbox is called a "S -Tronic"
    I think the two adverts you put have different economy because one is a Avant and one is a Saloon.
    chan110 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Theres your answer :P

1st Gear

Status
    Theres your answer :P
    does that mean i can LIKED my own post and give myself a REPUTATION? :-)

i think i want to de-badge my Audi when i get it.
    just leave the S-LINE badge all over.

Any tips on removing badges from bodywork / grille ?

6th Gear

Status
    Haha unfortunately not.
    And this is the answer: How to Debadge Your Car: Step-by-Step Instructions - wikiHow
    chan110 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Haha unfortunately not.
    And this is the answer: How to Debadge Your Car: Step-by-Step Instructions - wikiHow
    Aw - hair dryer again :-(

Nearly split/bleed all my fingers/nails trying to remove
    the stickers / decals from my summer car!

So try hair-dryer, yes it was easier to peel the stickers off...
    but the adhesive remnants were harden by the hair dryer like super glue - eeek :-(

But its gonna be done :-)
    Last edited by chan110; 24th June 2013 at 21:05.

6th Gear

Status
    Never De badged not too sure sorry about that.

1st Gear

Status
    Never De badged not too sure sorry about that.
    Never thought abt de-badging before I got my summer car.
    Only saw sales rep car debadge just so not to let ppl know thy have an inferior trim.

But my summer car gave the same anonyminity(?) As well,
    And I liked it.

So de-badging the Audi (with Quattro and 300bhp remapped),
    other drivers wonder wet hit them - lol

6th Gear

Status
    Hahaha. How is that so fast without an S badge ?

1st Gear

Status
    Hahaha. How is that so fast without an S badge ?
    And can go up AND down snow covered roads (quattro wink wink! Lol)
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Was looking at a 2009 Audi registered in Jun2009.

Then read there was. MY2009 and MY2010?

what do they mean?
    and how to check if MY2009 or MY2010?

cheers!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast